Author Topic: 3 Color Handpour Vid  (Read 4684 times)

Offline DobynsTriton

• Lunker
  • KLK Plastics
3 Color Handpour Vid
« on: 06/03/16 18:59 UTC »
It's rough but should show how its done. Its far from a safety vid as it was a spure of the moment thing. there is however plenty of ventilation where im at.....Now to the plastic.. The bottom color was around the mid to low 340s when i poured it. the middle & top were poured hotter. I combined two vids & showed the use of a torch in it also. I  poured at my normal pace but still managed to show where i stop the colors. I waited to make a official vid until i had some colors that were able to be told apart from another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hepntRksgoM
KLK

Online Apdriver

• Kicker
Re: 3 Color Handpour Vid
« Reply #1 on: 06/03/16 20:28 UTC »
Well, alotta years ago when I went to college, the senior upper level classes were numbered 400's. I'd call this hand pouring 401, for sure. Thanks for sharing that with us Dobs. I have the feeling a number of us will try some of this.

Offline DobynsTriton

• Lunker
  • KLK Plastics
« Reply #2 on: 06/03/16 20:34 UTC »
Well, alotta years ago when I went to college, the senior upper level classes were numbered 400's. I'd call this hand pouring 401, for sure. Thanks for sharing that with us Dobs. I have the feeling a number of us will try some of this.
Welcome! I was gonna try to explain the wait time in it but by the time i explained it woulda been past the time i usually wait between colors. to me i think it explained a little better just doing it in motion to show that the wait between layers isnt too long at all
KLK

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/03/16 20:46 UTC »
Very nice work. You make it look so easy. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Arkansasbowhunter

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 06/03/16 21:08 UTC »
Great video thanks for sharing

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 06/03/16 22:32 UTC »
Good job there Dob. How many toes have you lit up wearing those flip-flops while pouring? lol

Offline DobynsTriton

• Lunker
  • KLK Plastics
« Reply #6 on: 06/03/16 22:35 UTC »
Good job there Dob. How many toes have you lit up wearing those flip-flops while pouring? lol
lol just one  since 2011. a jelly like portion slid off the butter knife then whoops
KLK

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 06/04/16 06:42 UTC »
Great video! That shows everything. Thank you for taking the time to make this. That's a video that every plastic pourer will want to watch several times.

Offline Do-It Corp.

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 06/04/16 09:07 UTC »
Informative, thanks for taking the time to share with us.

Offline DobynsTriton

• Lunker
  • KLK Plastics
« Reply #9 on: 06/04/16 10:51 UTC »
welcome guys!
KLK

Offline knw

• Yearling
« Reply #10 on: 06/04/16 22:34 UTC »
Thanks Dobs for taking the time, can't wait till I can start trying this and without this video would not have even thought about cold cracks or how to fix them.
I feel more like I do now than I did.

Offline DobynsTriton

• Lunker
  • KLK Plastics
« Reply #11 on: 06/04/16 22:49 UTC »
Thanks Dobs for taking the time, can't wait till I can start trying this and without this video would not have even thought about cold cracks or how to fix them.
welcome. you can use a butane torch too id imagine since its similar just be careful & keep it moving easily & you should be fine . as you move the tip of torch around youll see the lines close up so youll have a visual indicator in a way .only time i have the torch runnin on full is when i cook the bubbles out of the cup when i get them
KLK

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 06/05/16 06:02 UTC »
That's the first time I've saw a torch used and you did a good job explaining it! Thanks again.

Offline DobynsTriton

• Lunker
  • KLK Plastics
« Reply #13 on: 06/05/16 11:05 UTC »
That's the first time I've saw a torch used and you did a good job explaining it! Thanks again.
i tried a lighter before & you have to basically put that lighter right on the plastic causing a slight soot look to it (its what lighters do) . the torch left the baits clean with out having to get as close, it just takes a tiny bump of heat to accomplish a weld with it
KLK