Author Topic: swim bait help  (Read 1567 times)

Offline olsarge

• Kicker
swim bait help
« on: 06/28/16 17:36 UTC »
     I recently bought the essential 3.75 inch swim bait mold and I like the baits fine but am searching for a suitable jighead/hook set up for it.  I put one on a weighted swim bait hook and it works ok but I would like a jig head (maybe with a screw lock) .  I have checked some retail outlets that have some really good looking heads but not a one of them indicate what size hooks they come with,  What heads are you guys using and where do you get them at?  Thanks in advance.  OS
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Re: swim bait help
« Reply #1 on: 06/29/16 00:57 UTC »
Darter head works also tear drop wire keeper or any swim jig like the poison tail with the weed gaurd when you are swimming inside 2' of the outside weed line.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 06/29/16 08:06 UTC »
If you go to heavy with weighted hook or jig it will kill the side to side roll of the bait.

Offline olsarge

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 06/29/16 16:42 UTC »
Thanks for the help.  I am more of a finesse guy when it comes to bass, but you get a new mold and it changes your whole outlook.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline wishn4fishn

• Yearling
« Reply #4 on: 06/29/16 17:27 UTC »
It works real well on the herring head underspin.