Author Topic: Ice Fishing Lead Mold.  (Read 11364 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Keeper
Re: Ice Fishing Lead Mold.
« Reply #45 on: 11/04/17 12:42 UTC »
I still think you'll have a custom mold in your hands long before you'll get one from Do-It.
I'm tempted to have an Aluminum one made just to prove my point.
But then again I don't have much need for the Marmooska.
Even a custom cut CNC Aluminum mold should be in your hands for this ice fishing season.
One fron Do-It is easily a year away if not two or more.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I would have no idea how to have a custom mold made.

Online Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #46 on: 11/04/17 14:47 UTC »
Just buy a blank mold and find a machinist that can machine what you want. There are a couple guys online that do custom work as well.

Online Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #47 on: 11/04/17 17:27 UTC »
What about a tube jig like the 3217, style TA. It's a 1/32 and 1/16. size #6 AND #4 hooks. Maybe a smaller hook would work in it.

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
« Reply #48 on: 11/05/17 01:48 UTC »
I would have no idea how to have a custom mold made.
It's not rocket science.
Like others have said just contact a custom mold maker and give him your ideas.
Once you agree on the design and price he will do the cad work then cut your mold.
I recommend trying Shawn Collins customs and/or Bob Lalonde at CNC molds n stuff. I have molds from both of those guys but there are others out there as well.
No idea what it will cost you as every mold is different but you will get a custom mold for the jig you want usually in a reasonable time frame depending on how busy they are.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #49 on: 11/21/17 23:26 UTC »
Millimeters

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Keeper
« Reply #50 on: 01/26/18 18:14 UTC »
It's not rocket science.
Like others have said just contact a custom mold maker and give him your ideas.
Once you agree on the design and price he will do the cad work then cut your mold.
I recommend trying Shawn Collins customs and/or Bob Lalonde at CNC molds n stuff. I have molds from both of those guys but there are others out there as well.
No idea what it will cost you as every mold is different but you will get a custom mold for the jig you want usually in a reasonable time frame depending on how busy they are.

I might have to look into it.

I've got a feeling with the panfish plastics and the popularity of ice fishing for panfish that Do it molds will be bringing out a mold.

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Keeper
« Reply #51 on: 04/15/18 12:58 UTC »
Any intrest in making one from Do-it yet?

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Keeper
« Reply #52 on: 06/30/18 01:02 UTC »
Bump

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
« Reply #53 on: 07/06/18 18:22 UTC »
Any intrest in making one from Do-it yet?
Just checked the Icast thread.
This is still not on this year's new molds.
Gonna be minimum of another year.
Unless you just get a custom mold made!

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Keeper
« Reply #54 on: 07/11/18 23:26 UTC »
Just checked the Icast thread.
This is still not on this year's new molds.
Gonna be minimum of another year.
Unless you just get a custom mold made!

Yeah not to interested in a custom mold. The "new" stuff for I sat wasn't to impressive IMO...

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #55 on: 07/12/18 06:46 UTC »
Shad dart in 1/64 and 1/32 works awesome for ice time.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #56 on: 07/12/18 07:02 UTC »
I don't see this happening anytime in the near future. There are sources on the internet where one can buy bulk jigs in both lead and heavy metal very reasonably priced and virtually identical to the one pictured earlier in the thread. Casting issues and hook acquisition would probably be two areas that hang this one up. Why not buy a dozen jigs like what you want made and create a mold using rtv silicone? What's the old saying....."Where there's a will there's a way".

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
« Reply #57 on: 07/12/18 09:22 UTC »
I've got a couple of shelves of custom CNC lead molds.
Was so much easier than begging Do-It to make what I wanted.
Sure I paid more for them but it was well worth it by a long shot.
A homeade silicone mold would be a much cheaper yet still effective option as well.
It seems there is only one person here asking for the his mold anyway.
I highly doubt Do-It is even interested at all in making this mold.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #58 on: 07/12/18 10:35 UTC »
I'm sure a couple would sell but the time and cost of developing a mold like this would make it a no go due to low sales numbers. The hooks for a mold like this are a whole other issue.

The silicone would get the guy making his jigs if he found the hooks, but honestly with tungsten bare jigs available on the internet, ready to paint, for .20 cents each a person would have to be nuts to cast them in lead. In searching sites for hard plastic bodies for airbrushing I have come across three sites that sell tungsten heads just like the ones pictured elsewhere in this thread in 4 sizes at the .20 I mentioned.

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Keeper
« Reply #59 on: 07/12/18 22:32 UTC »
I'm sure a couple would sell but the time and cost of developing a mold like this would make it a no go due to low sales numbers. The hooks for a mold like this are a whole other issue.

The silicone would get the guy making his jigs if he found the hooks, but honestly with tungsten bare jigs available on the internet, ready to paint, for .20 cents each a person would have to be nuts to cast them in lead. In searching sites for hard plastic bodies for airbrushing I have come across three sites that sell tungsten heads just like the ones pictured elsewhere in this thread in 4 sizes at the .20 I mentioned.

LMAO.....none of the "casting" or pouring plastics saves anyone any money. Like this would be any different.