Author Topic: Threadfin Shad  (Read 3206 times)

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
Re: Threadfin Shad
« Reply #15 on: 12/23/16 06:05 UTC »
Not powder, Lamar. It's Wicked createx applied with an airbrush. Topcoat is KBS Coatings Diamond Clear MCU. I have some more work to do on my basecoats and I think Createx has a better product for that than what I am currently using. That said, base coat is 3 coats opaque white. Then two or three coats of Createx Wicked pearl white. Then two coats of wicked createx Fast back Green, greened up with 6 drops of yellow as the top accent. I know that some will think that's way too much work but I do 25 at a time and it goes pretty quick. You don't have to wait til each coat air dries. What you do is heat set each coat then apply the next.

Thanks. I don't think it's to much work. I'll spend hours to prefect a bait and then forget where I put it when season comes around. Like the old saying goes " You know how to be a millionaire fishing ? Start off as a billionaire "

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
Re: Threadfin Shad
« Reply #16 on: 12/23/16 08:33 UTC »
  Thanks. I don't think it's to much work. I'll spend hours to prefect a bait and then forget where I put it when season comes around. Like the old saying goes " You know how to be a millionaire fishing ? Start off as a billionaire "

Well said, Lamar.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com