Author Topic: The Get-together Itinerary.....UPDATED!!!!  (Read 13839 times)

Offline Fishermanbt

• Lunker
Re: The Get-together Itinerary.....UPDATED!!!!
« Reply #30 on: 01/23/17 11:18 UTC »
Thanks for the write up everyone. Sounds like a stellar time was had. I would love to visit do-it someday. I am absolutely fascinated by how cnc machines run. Combine that with tackle making = utopia!

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
« Reply #31 on: 01/23/17 11:25 UTC »
Hate I missed it. But we ordered a new wrecker that's to be done this week and I can't be gone two weeks in a row.   Allows next year.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #32 on: 01/23/17 11:56 UTC »
Don't worry Justin....we'll keep hounding you.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #33 on: 01/23/17 12:01 UTC »
It was great to get a chance to see Tommy and pray that he gets back to normal in time for the fish season. Hang in there bud the more time you get past the accident the better you'll be.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #34 on: 01/23/17 13:27 UTC »
This was a super time! First we got to see Tommy on Thursday night and Do-it picked up the tab for supper! (Thanks) Friday morning we introduced ourself and told a little about our fishing and bait making history. Then we got to tour the plant. We broke for lunch and went to a diner in Denver. Food was great. When we got back to Do-it they had a bunch of stuff laid out on a table. Stuff they were going to pitch out,  unless we wanted it! Everyone got a box and had a good time filling them up (Thanks again Do-it, we didn't expect anything like that) Next we got to look at some proto type molds that might come out in the next year or two, (Can't tell you about them..sworen to secretcy. Last we all got to shot molds and talk about UV, highlites etc and how people use them in their bait making. A suprt good time!!

Offline Do-It Corp.

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
« Reply #35 on: 01/23/17 13:54 UTC »
Great to see old friends and meet some new faces. 

It is a nice opportunity for us to open our doors to some of our friends, but it is mostly about connecting all of you that have met through this cool place. 

Tom, word around here is that you might have had the heaviest pockets when you were walking out the door.  Not sure you have much room to be ribbing Mike.   ;D

Justin, this was the best time for you to visit since MO did not make it.  Not sure we could handle both of you at the same time.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #36 on: 01/23/17 14:05 UTC »
Key word is "POCKETS". Everyone else had boxes.  ;D

It was a great time. Seeing the improvements made in the foundry was something else. Handling the sand now makes how it was handled before seem archaic. Good things have happened.

There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Grizz12

• Kicker
« Reply #37 on: 01/23/17 15:47 UTC »
Tom I thought I saw a forklift putting a huge box in your van
"Anything that makes you giggle,smile,or laugh Buy It or Marry It!

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #38 on: 01/23/17 16:10 UTC »

No, the forklift was used to put Tom in the van.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
« Reply #39 on: 01/23/17 18:54 UTC »
There is not many places that can handle me and mo at the same time.
I was going to swing in as we are getting our truck at zips just down the road from do it. But one of our guys needs Friday off so just my dad will be picking up the truck. As I  have to stay and run the fort. Or at least answer the phone.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #40 on: 01/23/17 19:03 UTC »

No, the forklift was used to put Tom in the van.

Another show of proof that Do-It treats people like royalty....if they can't step up high enough they'll lift him up. HA...................... ........!
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #41 on: 01/23/17 20:08 UTC »
Dang Justin you were within 30 miles. Hopefully next time.

Offline Botanophilia

• Lunker
« Reply #42 on: 01/24/17 22:43 UTC »

That may have been a reality for me if I'd been able to make it! Glad everyone had a great time. Maybe next year.

Offline Leskos01

• Yearling
« Reply #43 on: 02/12/17 20:42 UTC »
Tomorrow is the day guys! First off, everyone drive carefully! I don't think we have any arriving by air this time. This is a plan of action starting with those who are early birds on Thursday....

Drive to Waverly, Iowa. I think most will be arriving on US Highway 63. Waverly is west of Highway 63. The road entering the town of Waverly is also Bremer Avenue. The Cobblestone is located on the left side of Bremer as you travel into the city, parking is at the rear of the Inn.

Check-in at the Cobblestone Inn, 208 E. Bremer Ave. Waverly, Iowa.  Phone is #1-319-352-1311 The meeting Room located just across the corridor from the front desk has been reserved for us to informally gather. At around 6:15 PM we will move down the street two blocks to the Water Street Grill at 102 W Bremer Ave. Its simple to get to by continuing down Bremer Avenue across the bridge over the Cedar River, then crossing the street. The Grill is right there.  At the Grill  we'll more formally do the intros and hang out until they close at 9PM. Directly across the street from the Cobblestone there are a couple of watering holes where we can migrate to and people can hits rooms as they please after the grill closes.

Friday morning the Cobblestone has a light breakfast for guests. People should be thinking of taking the drive to the Do-It facility along about 8:15 or so.  The address for the Do-It plant is 501 North State Street, Denver, Iowa. 50622. Phone number is 1-319-984-6055. Simply take the drive back to US Highway 63 from Waverly and exit the right turn before crossing the overpass. Get into the left, or inside lane, right away. Take the very first left off 63, then an immediate right. Do-It will be found about 1/4 mile down on State Street to the left. Enter the front door and let the ladies know who you are and that you are there for the get-together group. Be very nice to these girls! They make this place run! Inside you'll be shown to the meeting room and from there its off to the races.

Coffee, rolls, introductions and a welcome start the morning off. Somewhere around 9 or 9:30 well be taken on a tour of the facility. When the tour is completed we will run to downtown Denver for some lunch. Hopefully we'll be back at the corner saloon we dined at last time. The food there was incredible.
When we have finished up lunch we will return to the plant and spend the afternoon playing with goodies in the state of the art casing and injection studio. As I understand it Kyle has some un-announced, new molds and/or proto-type molds that we can play with and challenge ourselves. At the last get together a lot of techniques were shown first hand and people tried them for themselves. One cannot fully understand how beneficial this time is for both those playing with these new items and techniques and for the Do-It staff.

The Do-It facility closes at 5PM Friday, so we should try to wrap up things by that time. Many will be leaving directly from Do-It for home, some I am sure will opt to stay another night due to travel times. Regardless, safe travel is the important thing....please stay mindful of that.

I'll take a second to thank all of you who are attending this event. Its your time and interest and talents that help to make Do-It the kingpin of tacklecrafting. And to the staff of Do-It from us attending, thank you all for allowing us to come into your realm and thank you for taking time to show us how things are done. I have been thru the Do-It plant many times and every time I take the tour again I am just flat out in awe of how this company makes things that we pretty much take for granted.

So tomorrow is the day. Anyone with questions can feel free to pm me and I'will help any way I can.

Is this a yearly event Tom?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #44 on: 02/12/17 21:27 UTC »
Actually Leskos, this topic is being pondered. We've gotten some thoughts on an annual gathering and some more thoughts on one even during the summer months. I'm game for most everything. I'll be speaking again with the powers that be on this in the very near future so stay tuned...
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they