Author Topic: Goby Blades  (Read 10749 times)

Offline Partycrasher

• Kicker
Re: Goby Blades
« Reply #15 on: 01/25/17 08:33 UTC »
Yes that's the one DF.  Thank you.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 01/25/17 17:17 UTC »
That is different Partycrasher. Pretty cool idea. Nice paint job on that also!
« Last Edit: 12/31/17 19:27 UTC by Lines »

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 01/28/17 14:10 UTC »
Efishnc,   At the gathering, you had asked to see those goby blades that I make.  The first one is the Stand Up Jig head mold and the second one is an Erie Head mold.

So glad you posted... those are absolutely incredible!

How is the vibration compared to the standard vibe bait... (with one hook)?

Offline Bucho

• Keeper
« Reply #18 on: 12/31/17 08:50 UTC »
But basically you line up the blade where you want it in any mold.  Close it and hold tight and pour.  You will get flash, lead may even pour on the bench a little,  but just clean up the head with a side cutter, knife, file, etc.  A lot of it just breaks off. 

You wouldn't want to make 100 like this but for 4-6 at a time or working on prototypes, it works fine.

Great bait, great idea! Took it as an inspiration for a heavy 1-2 oz salt water blade that would start lighter than the Shad Lure. This is the new large Magic Minnow Blade stuffed into the Shad Spoon Mold.

Also eyperimented with the goby itself. Dropping two trebles repeatedly on the harbour seabed with all its junk and seaweed is asking for too much trouble, but this arrangement works fine: 

I was surprised how difficult it is to get acceptable results. The small blade didn`t work at all, and with the medium one both blade placement and head size made unexpetedly much of a difference. Most variants were unsatisfying. With hairjigs, I like the tip-up head more snag-proof than the stand-up but the latter looks better and I find it works better with the blade. Also I prefer utilizing my retired stand-up mold for a permanent mod rather than buying another tip-up.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #19 on: 12/31/17 11:29 UTC »
Good stuff there Bucho

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 12/31/17 12:55 UTC »
Way nice. Good work.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #21 on: 12/31/17 14:51 UTC »
Bucho the will Get thumb done. Great colors too.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN