Author Topic: Bagging up baits  (Read 459 times)

Online Fishermanbt

• Keeper
Bagging up baits
« on: 02/14/17 22:54 UTC »
Not sure if this has been covered in the past. I have been putting the baits I make into clear containers. Noticed that some are getting bent up, some pretty badly. They're for me so no huge deal. A guy on another forum requested that I make some tubes and twin tails for him. This was the first requested order I've had so I couldn't bring myself to just throw them in a zip lock bag and ship them out. Yes I'm to frugal (cheap) to by laminated bags. So, I came up with a pretty slick means to bag them. At least I thought it was.

Took a flexible cutting mat I found at Wally World and cut it down to smaller than the inside of the bag and the corners rounded off. Baits that had been pre scented with some Upper Hand Scents and a light touch of worm oil get placed on the mat. Slide the mat inside making sure to bend the mat slightly. This keeps the baits from dragging on the bag. Now flip the bag over and the oil causes the baits to release from the mat (most of the time) once the mat is tilted upwards. A poking device of sorts is needed occasionally. Then remove the mat. With the bag on the table lock both ends of the bag and push the air out while finishing locking the bag with your thumb. It goes pretty quickly.

Online superharmonix

• Lunker
Re: Bagging up baits
« Reply #1 on: 02/15/17 00:23 UTC »
Cool idea!  Thanks for sharing!

Offline Apdriver

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 02/15/17 19:54 UTC »
A very nice and inexpensive solution to a problem we all have. Thanks Fishermanbt.

Offline Do-It Corp.

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 02/15/17 21:07 UTC »
Yup, slick concept

Online Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 02/15/17 21:20 UTC »
Those look really nice in the package. I'm gonna have to try that when I ship to my friends. Thanks for sharing.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 02/15/17 22:54 UTC »
Quick packing and keeps bait's straight .

Online Marnus

• Keeper
« Reply #6 on: 02/27/17 13:35 UTC »
Awesome Idea!!

Thanks for sharing!
To sleep, I count fish not sheep.