Author Topic: Anybody buy from BTS(Bobs Tackle Supply)  (Read 7037 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Anybody buy from BTS(Bobs Tackle Supply)
« Reply #15 on: 03/24/17 12:58 UTC »
I never ordered from him so I can't cast judgment on him. I'm thinking he's a one man show and older....something may have happened to him health-wise. I'm sure things will get ironed out.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Online Apdriver

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 03/24/17 13:35 UTC »
If there's a glitch in his business, he needs to communicate that. I ordered a mold, was invoiced and paid for in full. Business phone has been disconnected. No answer from an email I sent him inquiring about my invoice and order. I think it's reasonable to expect a product........or a refund.....

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 03/24/17 14:28 UTC »
I agree...a refund should be made instead of not responding. If the person cannot do this he should have someone else do it for him.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 03/24/17 19:36 UTC »
  Just to set things straight with respect to my earlier post.  The info I related was actually posted on Baitjunky;s forum and not on TU as I previously mentioned.  Sorry for the confustion.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline MT204

• Kicker
« Reply #19 on: 03/24/17 21:31 UTC »
As a business owner I'm going to throw something out that has concerned me a bit of late when ordering from a lot of companies (not necessarily related to soft baits) nowadays.
When someone orders an item from me (over $50.) I like to get a 50% non refundable down payment  and the rest is due when I ship it or the customer comes in to pick it up.
One of the reason I have done this is because I have companies that may have the item on backorder, sometimes for a long time. Just today I received an item from a company that had been on backorder for 11 months.
When someone is ordering an item that is not custom made why should one have to pay 30, 60 or even 90 days ahead of time just because the company is behind?
I realize if it is a special made to order item then yes more is required if not a full down payment, but even then payments required when work starts.
Not sure if there is a correct method but it is sad (if these posts are correct) that some folks have paid months ago with no results.
Just glad I have the mentors on this forum to help guide me to the point I am.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 03/24/17 21:45 UTC »
I agree with MT204. When I ran the gun shop, and someone wanted a special order item, 50% payment was required upon ordering and the balance when the item was picked up. If the item was backordered for too long, a refund was offered as well as a cancellation option if the order had not been shipped yet. There are some rough times in doing business, but one cannot expect the customer to cover for you in those events. Communication is a must. Most, (not all) but most customers are very understanding as long as they are included and updated when a problems arises.

Offline Just Run`

• Minnow
« Reply #21 on: 03/28/17 11:57 UTC »
I am in full agreement with MT204 that custom orders need to have some sort of payment up front to help.   But seeing this thread doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy knowing that I ordered a mold from BTS middle of January, and paid in full at the time.  As of today I still don't have the mold, and was charged in full when I ordered.  I sent an email about 10 days ago asking for an update, and have not received a response.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #22 on: 03/28/17 19:01 UTC »
Sorry to hear that Just Run, and you too KP Guard. Hope things turn out for the best.

Offline BJones

• Minnow
« Reply #23 on: 03/30/17 10:00 UTC »
$175 paid in full in January.........nothing

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #24 on: 03/30/17 18:17 UTC »
Hoping that things work out for you too BJones.

Offline SBuck88

• Kicker
    • Buck's Baits
« Reply #25 on: 03/31/17 11:02 UTC »
I'm in this boat too $100+ in Feb

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
`•.¸¸ ><((((º>.•´¯`•><((((º>
><((((º> •...><((((º>
•...><((((º>
http://facebook.com/Bucksbaits
Twitter & Instagram: @BucksBaits

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #26 on: 03/31/17 17:50 UTC »
Wow, the list keeps growing longer. Good luck to you all.

Offline SBuck88

• Kicker
    • Buck's Baits
« Reply #27 on: 04/04/17 19:32 UTC »
See pic

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
`•.¸¸ ><((((º>.•´¯`•><((((º>
><((((º> •...><((((º>
•...><((((º>
http://facebook.com/Bucksbaits
Twitter & Instagram: @BucksBaits

Offline gone2long

• Kicker
« Reply #28 on: 04/05/17 06:43 UTC »
Well long overdue but it's something at least it's now known what has been going on

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #29 on: 04/05/17 12:03 UTC »
It could only have been a health issue that would stop a person from filling there orders.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN