Author Topic: Bears baits problem?  (Read 4563 times)

Offline BearClaw32

• Minnow
Bears baits problem?
« on: 03/10/17 12:19 UTC »
First off thank you guys I've learned more from this forum in 3 hours then from weeks of running around the internet. I started pouring soft baits about two months ago and you all helped a ton so I figured I would register. Now I ordered some new supplies from bears baits which seemed to be highly recommended here and of good quality. That was two weeks ago was suppose so send me a confirmation email when shipped and never received I've emailed and called no answers just whoever David Alexander voicemail. Is this a common problem with bears baits? I'm fine on waiting but I'd like some confirmation on what's the problem or I'll take my money and business elsewhere.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Bears baits problem?
« Reply #1 on: 03/10/17 13:19 UTC »
First off.....Welcome to the Do-It forums. Asyou have noted, lots of good information is found here and we're always willing to help keep your feet on the ground. Good to have you.

Bears got nailed with massive flooding last year and just hasn't appeared to have recovered. His service was always fine but his entire milling and computer systems were destroyed and that really set the firm back. The last I heard they were just getting the sundry items back on line....plastic, colorants, etc. I have no idea where the company is with re-building so I cannot help in that regard but the company took a major league punch in the gut with the flooding and could well be the reason for lagging response time.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Steve J

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 03/10/17 13:24 UTC »
He did take a hit. His computers were working. He made a decision to not use them.
I put an order in August, last year, and having not heard from him I got my money back form PayPal the end of December. Hopefully you paid with PayPal. They are fair and gave Bears a chance to explain, which they chose not to do.

Offline Bob

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 03/10/17 15:14 UTC »
You're going to be waiting a while. While yes he did get hit last summer with the flood it still doesn't explain the lack of communication and problems that have been ongoing for a few years.

I am confident that you will get the products you ordered I however doubt you will hear anything from David.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #4 on: 03/10/17 18:11 UTC »
Welcome to the family you won't find that problem here.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline BearClaw32

• Minnow
« Reply #5 on: 03/10/17 18:17 UTC »
Hey thanks guys! And I just figured they would have mentioned something like that on the website.

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 03/10/17 18:40 UTC »
Welcome to the forum.
 I haven't dealt with bears but have heard a lot about him being slow because of a couple floods last year. Also sounds like Bobs tackle shack is quite a few months behind. 

I live close to Do-it so I get stuff within a couple days but I'm sure even those that live farther away get there order in a week or less. Lots of good molds here at Do-it  and great service!

Offline Kreature83

• Minnow
« Reply #7 on: 03/12/17 06:41 UTC »
Welcome Bearclaw!  I am also new to making my own lures and it is addictive and the wealth of information and knowledge on this forum is limitless, these guys know their stuff.
I ordered my first mold from Bear and it took a little over a month to get, so be patient  hopefully it won't take longer than that. I will say Bears customer service is not so great and if you do get a hold of him he doesn't give to much info. Also I know he doesn't stock a lot of Noles and they are made as they are ordered which is another reason it can take awhile.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 03/12/17 08:27 UTC »
Welcome to the forum.
 I live close to Do-it so I get stuff within a couple days but I'm sure even those that live farther away get there order in a week or less. Lots of good molds here at Do-it  and great service!

I'll second that

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 03/16/17 07:44 UTC »
I saw yesterday that the Bears Forums were completely out of the picture now. I know they were attempting to get a new  system in order and maybe the forums just got in the way of progress. The store site is still there.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline BearClaw32

• Minnow
« Reply #10 on: 03/16/17 11:00 UTC »
Update I did receive an email saying my order shipped yesterday. So anywhere from 3 weeks to a month for plastic color and glitter. I could never get through on the phone or email but I'm just happy I'm getting my order. Thanks again guys knew you guys would know something