Author Topic: HELLO  (Read 1188 times)

Offline cricri

• Minnow
HELLO
« on: 03/17/17 15:34 UTC »
Hello, I present myself christophe fisherman of the center of france I join you to learn I fish in lake the zander the pike and the perch I want to know the difference between
 Style H Bucktail Jig
Sz: 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 1
Hk: 630, 635, 410 or 413
Col: Ball

and

Style H Grub Jig
Sz: 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 1
Hk: 630, 635, 410 or 413
Collar: Barb

thank you

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: HELLO
« Reply #1 on: 03/17/17 16:13 UTC »
Welcome to the Do-It forums!

http://store.do-itmolds.com/Style-H-Jig_c_387.html

In this link you can see the bard at the rear of the head and another with a ball at the end of the collar. The barbed head is for use with plastic baits while the ball helps hold bucktail in place after tying it on. Same basic head, just little differences. Me....I'd get the barbed head and pinch the barb down to tie on the bucktail.

Offline BareKnuckleJigs

• Lunker
  • ...the Nut behind the Bolt...
    • https://youtu.be/4wLtD4p9p9w
« Reply #2 on: 03/17/17 16:50 UTC »
The only difference is the Collar.  Barb and Ball.  Ball doesn't hold a plastic body as securely as the Barb.  Ball is mostly just for Fiber Dressing, Barb is better for Plastics.  Barb won't flare Fibers like the Ball will.  Barb can be used for Fiber, the Barb will keep the Tie from slipping off of the Collar, but again, Barb won't Flare Fiber.  Ball doesn't hold plastics well, Ball is only a slight Friction Fit in a Plastic, Barb grabs the Plastic body.
.El Gnaw.

"Drizzle Spoon ROCKS!"  Jerry V
"Wash Your Hands"  BKJ
"TaunT-O"  BKJ...2015
"DeJa Vu"  BKJ...2016
".o.v.e.r.p.o.p.u.l.a.t.i .o.n."  Earth
"My Finesse Worms are Better Than Zoom's"  BKJ

Offline cricri

• Minnow
« Reply #3 on: 03/18/17 15:56 UTC »
Thank you guys for the answers, you have to comfirmer what I think and for the hooks for these molds you advise me what?