Author Topic: A little extra custom on some custom jigs!  (Read 8301 times)

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
Re: A little extra custom on some custom jigs!
« Reply #15 on: 04/08/17 08:52 UTC »
I'm guessing one big issue most here would have is jig size.
I make big saltwater jigs so I have a big canvas to work with.
Doing jigs smaller than one ounce would be quite difficult.
But a jig of 10 ounces isnt too hard to fit letters too. It takes a bit to get them lined up perfectly and a lot of epoxy though.
« Last Edit: 04/08/17 08:53 UTC by Kasilofchrisn »

Offline Grizz12

• Kicker
« Reply #16 on: 04/08/17 09:03 UTC »
I'm not sure how you did the first batch, but I was thinking. Have you seen how Larry Dahlberg does his real life decals. That may be an option for you as you could simple print a few decals, cut them attach and then due a uv cure or epoxy finish over it. Just an idea best of luck with the new business opportunity.
"Anything that makes you giggle,smile,or laugh Buy It or Marry It!

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
« Reply #17 on: 04/08/17 16:23 UTC »
I'm not sure how you did the first batch, but I was thinking. Have you seen how Larry Dahlberg does his real life decals. That may be an option for you as you could simple print a few decals, cut them attach and then due a uv cure or epoxy finish over it. Just an idea best of luck with the new business opportunity.
I looked that one up and for lettering anyway my way is easier and simpler.
Plus I don't own a printer so that would add to the cost.
I do need to look at some different clearcoats though. Just to find something a bit easier to apply and provide a good finish with less work.

Offline Grizz12

• Kicker
« Reply #18 on: 04/09/17 08:04 UTC »
I use a couple different uv clear coats that work for me one is the alumilite stuff works ok mines a couple years old now but it still sets up nice the other one I don't remember the name for sure I think it's solarz or something like that when I get home I can tell you the correct name. I ordered the flash light from them it was a little bit spendy but it works  the alumilite stuff also works under black light. Good luck on your adventure.

Offline Grizz12

• Kicker
« Reply #19 on: 04/09/17 08:16 UTC »
Here's a video of the alumilite uv coat and on decals it's a little long. https://youtu.be/aVhRZS-dVuI

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
« Reply #20 on: 04/09/17 22:02 UTC »
Here's a video of the alumilite uv coat and on decals it's a little long. https://youtu.be/aVhRZS-dVuI

Yes I watched that video.
Not all that impressed with the decal application process but I am considering a UV based clearcoat or another clearcoat other than D2T.