Author Topic: Frog?  (Read 831 times)

Offline MT204

• Kicker
Frog?
« on: 05/14/17 20:32 UTC »
Gonna try a bit of Largemouth Bass fishing.
Thinking that I "may" need a frog mold?
Going back through old posts and the gallery there doesn't seem to be many recent posts or photos of frogs.
Are frogs just not a common thing?
Kind of thought I go with the Caney Creek Croaker if I did.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: Frog?
« Reply #1 on: 05/14/17 22:32 UTC »
The 4" Croaker is a dandy frog. Easy to work with but more importantly, its a fish catcher. All of the Croakers are fish catchers. The Big Foot is just as great of a bait. I have both in 4" and bot get water time.

Online Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 05/15/17 05:57 UTC »
  I'll fish a frog. The croaker is kind of like a buzz bait as those feet will make a bubbling noise behind it. When I'm fishing heavy stuff or muck I use the big foot because the legs won't tangle up in it. I don't get real fancy on the ones I fish muck with. I make them black, pink, yellow and white. Pretty much so I can see them and know the fish has it before setting the hook. Plus I've always felt that if the frog looks real and is camouflaged the bass has a hard time zoning in on it coming through the muck. A solid color makes it easier for him to grab. Maybe not but it works well for me.
I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be.

Offline MT204

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 05/15/17 10:47 UTC »
OK guys thanks for the info Mr Croaker is on the way.