Author Topic: Rigging Advice Help  (Read 2547 times)

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
Rigging Advice Help
« on: 05/17/17 18:17 UTC »
I don't do a whole lot of bass fishing and when I do it is usually a finnesse technique (dropshot, ned etc).  I recently ordered some molds from baitmold.com and one of them was a 4 inch paddle tail grub.  My intentions are to use it as a trailer on a swim jig, fished on a plain jig head, and maybe weightless texas rigged swimming it slowly past grass patches.  What are some other techniques I can add to my small quiver?  Appreciate any responses, thanks.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Bass Junkie

• Minnow
Re: Rigging Advice Help
« Reply #1 on: 05/17/17 23:00 UTC »
I don't do a whole lot of bass fishing and when I do it is usually a finnesse technique (dropshot, ned etc).  I recently ordered some molds from baitmold.com and one of them was a 4 inch paddle tail grub.  My intentions are to use it as a trailer on a swim jig, fished on a plain jig head, and maybe weightless texas rigged swimming it slowly past grass patches.  What are some other techniques I can add to my small quiver?  Appreciate any responses, thanks.

Ever tried scrounger heads? I love to fish paddle tails on them. Slays.

I've also seen pros add on paddle tails to spinnerbaits and buzzbaits to give them a more bulky presentation, typically resulting in more quality fish. I've never tried this myself as I tend to fish a lot of scaled down bait as my local lakes are highly pressured and tend to be finicky with bigger bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 05/18/17 07:51 UTC »
Haven't tried the scroungers yet but will give it a shot.  Really just started fishing paddletails last year (I have always been attracted to curly/ribbontail type baits) and have really enjoyed using them so now I got lots of paddletails and exploring different or new methods.  Thanks
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 05/18/17 12:15 UTC »
I agree with B.J. (spinners and buzzers), but don't forget to throw chatters in the mix.  Round head jigs are probably my most common rigging method, typically used in bottom hopping, but they can also be an awesome little swimbait (all alone) when on a 1/4oz jig.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 05/19/17 23:49 UTC »
BJ and Efish, thanks for the advice, I checked on the scroungers and they look right up my alley.  Will be in my next TW order.  Also, for those interested WalMart is selling project z chatterbaits for $3.89!

Offline Bass Junkie

• Minnow
« Reply #5 on: 05/20/17 01:57 UTC »
That's a great deal! I'm going to pick up a few. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk