Author Topic: Scents  (Read 2253 times)

Offline JLC

• Minnow
Scents
« on: 12/01/17 15:30 UTC »
Just starting, can I use the gulp spray sents, or any of the other semilar type scents in my pours?   Thanks

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Scents
« Reply #1 on: 12/01/17 15:48 UTC »
Welcome aboard JLC. No, the Gulp or any other water-based scents cannot be used.  After you've made the plastics you can hose them down with about anything but for cooking the plastic you have a stay away from scents that are not sold specifically made for use in the plastic or scents that have been made without any water based components or organic materials in them.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 12/01/17 15:52 UTC »
You can use some scents in hot plastics, Do it has a few on its site that are compatible.  You cannot use anything that has water in it.  If I was 95 per cent sure that a specific scent was water free/  I wouldn't use it.  Too dangerous period.  Besides you can always put your baits in a bag and add gulp to them.  Tom was quicker on the trigger than I was but end results are same.  Oh yeah, welcome to the site
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 12/01/17 16:42 UTC »
   I don't make any baits with scents cooked in them. I make the baits and then bag them with scent in the bag. Cooking the scent in the bait only seals the scent in and doesn't make the bait better.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 12/01/17 17:17 UTC »
My personal thoughts are right in line with Lamar's and I actually think that cooking scent in releases stuff during the cooking process that maybe we don't need to add to the issue of breathing vapors from the cooking process.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline JLC

• Minnow
« Reply #5 on: 12/03/17 19:42 UTC »
Thank you guys for repling so quickly. Gonna try making a mold tomorrow