Author Topic: Its time to get together!  (Read 56013 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Its time to get together!
« on: 04/09/16 10:46 UTC »
Ok guys, were on the calandar for a Do-It get-together once again.  Since the company is a Monday-Friday business and much of what we get involved in deals with the company directly this event has to be help during the week. For those of you who want to get on board with this hopefully this extra time will help in your planning. Please be mindful that this event does have some limits on how many can attend so if you are really interested, you should contact me so I can get your name on the list. PM contact thru this site is preffered.The dates for this are Thursday January 19 and Friday January 20. A date had to be settled on and this timeframe is well past the holidays yet still at a time when the company doesn't have conflicts.
 At the last event the Thursday evening was set aside for a social gathering and light dinner, followed buy more social banter. This is allowed everyone to put a name with a face and we had a great evening. Hopefully we can get accomadations that allow for this again. The Friday was the big day. From the hotel we all caravaned over to the plant where we were treated to OJ, sweet rolls and coffee. During this time we had a more formal introduction to each other and talked about Do-It and their involvement in the mold and tackle industry. Ideas we thrown out and tossed around and discussed. Thoughts on new baits or new jigs came up and today we see several of those available to us. To finish out the morning a full tour of the plant was given and this alone, in my opinion, is well worth the trip on its own. For as many times as I have been thru the Do-It maze I am always amazed at what all they do and how the sandcast molds are made. Right after the tour we descended on the metropolis of Denver Iowa and converged on a nice little saloon that served up the best burger-type meal I have ever eaten. After the eats we returned to the plant and had an afternoon of show and tell and crafting as we each know it in the "studio". State of the art, this is some fancy kind of digs where play time got serious but stayed fun. We also got to see a sneak preview of what was on the plate for the future and were able to work some with the prototypes.  Every one of us has a "special" thing that we do and seeing these ideas first hand, then actually trying those techniques. This sure beats the daisies off from just reading about how these things get done. At the end of this playtime people begin to get on their way for home, good-byes are said and the Do-It plant has a weekend to fall back into a normal routine.
I have often commented that the people here on this website are like a family. After spending time with those who attended the last get together, I am even more convinced of that. That said, I feel like this up-coming event is like a reunion of sorts. I am hopeful that those who were here the last time around are here once again. I am hopeful that we have new faces to put names with.  People considering this event, feel free to bring your wives. I'll say again that space will be limited so if you are game to join in, please do pm me to confirm your spot.
As more information becomes available regarding hotel/motel accommodations and perhaps block-room rates I will post them here. All up-dates will be posted here.
Carole and I will be there, so until then.....
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Lines

• Lunker
Re: Its time to get together!
« Reply #1 on: 04/09/16 11:29 UTC »
I am only about 3 hours straight south of Denver, IA. This is something I will seriously consider.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 04/09/16 13:12 UTC »
  I'm pretty sure the wife and I are in. We normally have our Christmas with the kids on the second or third week in January but I'm sure we can move things a bit. I asked what week worked best for them and nobody wanted to talk about Christmas in April I guess. Even tough we are getting more snow now then we did at Christmas this year.

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 04/09/16 17:12 UTC »
I'm in!! I'll have an autograph session before drinks are served ????

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 04/09/16 17:29 UTC »
You autographing some of your painted plugs?

Offline tom1441

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 04/09/16 19:26 UTC »
I'm in not sure about the wife. Bring that airbrush MO I'm up for getting a lesson or two. I can bring some blank bodies if you want.

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 04/09/16 21:34 UTC »
I'm in not sure about the wife. Bring that airbrush MO I'm up for getting a lesson or two. I can bring some blank bodies if you want.
Heck, if Ryan doesn't mind and we have time I would love to do a blue gill demo. All my air brushing stuff packs easy. It's gonna be a great time!!! Remember apple fritters!

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 04/09/16 21:43 UTC »
This is 2 days before my birthday on the 21st.  Gotta convince the wife this would be a very cool birthday trip for me!

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 04/10/16 08:36 UTC »
In addition to putting faces to names I think a tour of the plant would be super cool.

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #9 on: 04/10/16 09:47 UTC »
Most definitely in.  It looks like TPO (The Patient One) is in as well.  She's the one who does all our airbrushing.  If enough ladies join us, we can ship them off to the nearest Bingo hall while us Neanderthal's hit downtown Denver to enjoy it's epic nightlife.  Denver's police force consists of a sheriff, a deputy and a part-time receptionist, but they'll probably bring in reinforcements this year. 

Can't wait.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 04/10/16 10:25 UTC »
Downtown Denver is definitely a step back in time. Its sort of a cross between Gunsmoke and The Andy Griffin show. Imagine Mo as Opie and Denny as Festus, except he limps with both legs and if his six shooter didn't hamper his downward slump something else would be dragging on the gravel.

This is a good time for sure.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 04/10/16 10:52 UTC »
  Ok finally got some feed back. My bride and I are in.

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 04/10/16 11:39 UTC »
All ready tell, this is gone to be a great trip. Hope Mo brings the airbrush!

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #13 on: 04/10/16 14:55 UTC »
Hope Mo brings the airbrush!

I hope he brings the money he owes me, too.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 04/11/16 12:00 UTC »
I hope he brings the money he owes me, too.
I'll bring you a quarter for your cares and a penny for something else ????