Author Topic: Crappie Trip  (Read 3281 times)

Offline basskat

• Kicker
Crappie Trip
« on: 11/09/13 05:49 UTC »
Made my first crappie trip yesterday, only three hours but the bite was on. Brought home 40 slabs all 13" or better. Water temps are still in the mid 60's ao the bite will only get better.

Headed back for a full day trip today, hope to fill a limit.

Offline siscojj

• Kicker
Re: Crappie Trip
« Reply #1 on: 11/09/13 09:03 UTC »
Post some pics

Offline basskat

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 11/10/13 16:03 UTC »
 We limited out Saturday, two of us had 60. Plan on hitting the lake again tomorrow. Only have one picture from a cell phone. Hope I can post it.

« Last Edit: 11/10/13 16:05 UTC by basskat »

Offline Jerry V

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
    • Do-It Molds
« Reply #3 on: 11/10/13 16:08 UTC »
Oh you got the pic posted all right and it's a good one at that.  It's gotta be a blast having a few of those tugging on the other end.  Good looking fish, nice work basskat!
"What started as a hobby is now a way of life."  Justin9j

"It's a shame I have to work, cause I really don't have time for it." Shane

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste (or) losing your memory sucks."  Denny Welch

"I wonder what the fish feel like on those days when you can't buy a bite?" pjmc

Offline siscojj

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 11/10/13 17:46 UTC »
Thanks for posting that pic and it is a very nice one and hope to see more.thanks again JAy

Offline basskat

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 11/10/13 18:24 UTC »
We live in true crappie country here in Mississippi. The world record was caught about 50 miles from where I live. They liake I fish is not known for the giants but Sardis, Grenada and Enid have monster slabs. Three and four pound fish are not uncommon from those lakes.

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 11/10/13 20:09 UTC »
Nice fish.  Love those big slabs.  You do have some great crappie lakes in Miss. 

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 11/10/13 20:34 UTC »
I love fishing Mississippi and Louisiana. I grew up in Baton Rouge and fished and hunted Mississippi a lot. Oh your baits will be in the mail Tuesday . Wish I could of had em to you for your trip