Author Topic: It's been awhile  (Read 1350 times)

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
It's been awhile
« on: 03/22/21 13:53 UTC »
Since I have gotten out so I decided that this morning would be time to get a line wet.  My focus today was to test some of the Cedar run crankbaits that I recently painted.  I was a little disappointed in the coffee colored water but it was somewhat expected.  I was very pleased to find that both the little john and the 1.5  square bills ran true to form and had great action.  The other blank I was unable to test as the lake I was fishing was to shallow.  Only 2 bass came to hand a 14 inches and a dink.   I have more blanks navigating their way towards me and will post on how they perform once I get them painted.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: It's been awhile
« Reply #1 on: 03/22/21 17:37 UTC »
It’s great to find out that what you got work as well as the store bought.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 03/22/21 17:58 UTC »
We hit the lake this morning and found one crappie. Water was 41 degrees so we need another 3 or 4 degrees before we see any real bite getting started. Tomorrow we are hitting a Mississippi River backwater to see how the bite is. I'm taking a rod with a spinner bait too just in case some old mega pike wants to play games.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #3 on: 03/22/21 18:32 UTC »
Have fun on the ole miss you might find some perch. Have a great day Tom.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #4 on: 03/23/21 11:47 UTC »
Olsarge depending on the brand sometime there is a big difference between the manufactured and seconds. Sometimes the type of treble hook tuff ness and size will alter that swimming action also how much clear coat to can make a difference.