Author Topic: Texas Fishing Report  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
  • Tight Lines!
Texas Fishing Report
« on: 11/03/11 10:44 UTC »
Here is the Texas fishing report by TPWD.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/action/reptform1.php?water=Fresh&browse=Go

Tight lines!

Jason

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
Re: Texas Fishing Report
« Reply #1 on: 11/03/11 11:17 UTC »
You good folks in Texas seem to have very good fisheries support.  It seems there are enough wardens ( some folks on some forums think too many :o ).  My thinking is if you are following the Laws; they shouldn't be a "problem".  It also seems that there is decent fisheries support as shown in the above report.  Here in North Alabama; If I am not mistaken; we have Two Marine patrol for all of Joe Wheeler and part of Wilson.  65,000+ water acres; 50+ miles of lake.  Roughly Lake Texoma size.  Due to all the exposure and pressure Lake Guntersville gets they seasonally add to the staffing there. 

Offline firetiger

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 11/03/11 14:12 UTC »
Now, if we can just get some rain! 

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 11/03/11 16:20 UTC »
With no rain it hems them in for you.  If you can launch your boat  :(.  In the mid 1960's Joe Wheeler Dam had a lock mishap and the lake lost 10 feet or so which cleaned out huge areas of backwater.  It stayed this way for about 6 - 7 months from spring to late fall.  The grasses and small bushes grew like wildfire.  For the next two years the best spawns occured for over fifteen years; either before or after.  So maybe there will be a silver lining.  Now is a good time to scout out the lake and take pictures for future reference  (  GPS the pictures  :D ).  One of my friends and I found several spots on Clark's Hill during bad droughts that turned out to be really outstanding.  A little brush doesn't hurt either.