Author Topic: My, what a big mouth you have  (Read 728 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
My, what a big mouth you have
« on: 04/21/22 10:37 UTC »
The crappies did not want to play nice today but a couple of these did.

The picture doesn't depict the size well as this guy was maybe 2 pounds. The other one was a twin to this one.

Beautiful morning to fish but a north wind messed up fishing off the dock along with the lake having been brought back to summer pool and cooler water temps. Supposed to get up to 60+ today with bluebird skies so maybe the water will warm enough today to draw crappies back in the morning. Supposed to be warmer in the morning with chances for rain. I might hit the dock again to see if I can sneak in before the front passes.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: My, what a big mouth you have
« Reply #1 on: 04/22/22 09:46 UTC »
I hit the dock again this morning in the rain. Yesterday was near 60 degrees on a bluebird day and the water temps went up again enough to pull some very nice 12"+ crappies back into nearby structure and of the 13 I caught I put four in the pail for dinner before lightning began to fly. When the light show begins, I boogie.

A bit of irony here is that all of the productive days the dock has handed me this year have been days with an east wind. Not a breeze, but a wind. Sort of dispells that old adage that says, "wind in the east, the fish bite the least".
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 06/27/22 19:04 UTC »
Big mouth

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/30/22 17:41 UTC »
Oh Yea

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 07/02/22 22:52 UTC »
This one ripped the spider apart. Caught it with one of my boys last night. After that one I had to cast the spider out wit my baitcaster….then let my middle boy fish it.