Author Topic: A few craws  (Read 8080 times)

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
A few craws
« on: 03/23/15 18:23 UTC »
Here's a few craws I made up. I'm thinking I should have left the sweet potato alone for the tips of the craw. I put a little brown in it and it made it to rusty. But other then that I like it.

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: A few craws
« Reply #1 on: 03/23/15 19:08 UTC »
Those are nice.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 03/23/15 20:16 UTC »
NICE L. I like that green.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 03/24/15 04:18 UTC »
NICE L. I like that green.

That's the CC Green in 2X. That's only 2 drops to 4 oz. It's a real strong color.

Offline Johnn

• Keeper
« Reply #4 on: 03/24/15 06:48 UTC »
Nice baits. I watched timmy horton last night using those same ones and he was crunchin some serious largemouth in south florida. He showed them close up and they had flecks of shiny amber in the claws.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 03/24/15 08:23 UTC »
Whose mold is that on the left, Lamar? Really like the paca profile it has. Looking for a smaller trailer mold for jigs and the like. Thinking that may be a good one to look into.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 03/24/15 15:09 UTC »
Whose mold is that on the left, Lamar? Really like the paca profile it has. Looking for a smaller trailer mold for jigs and the like. Thinking that may be a good one to look into.

It's a BTS 709 Craw Hollow Body. They just came out with it and it is spot on for a Paca Craw Jr. I almost didn't show that bait because I knew someone would ask. But this forum has given me many good tips. The only thing I didn't like about it was the pin that makes it hollow didn't go down to the lower section of the bait so I made a small pin to put in front of it to make it longer. In a black or dark blue this is my go to bait when the water is muddy. Venom Lures makes a round plastic rattle. Shove that all the way to the back of that hole. It makes a loud echo sound when you shake it. Totally different then any other sounding rattle because it's coming from that hollow camber. Try it. That's your tip for the day.
  My hope is here that making them with ES plastic is that every time a bass or bluegill pecks at it I won't be missing a claw like the Net Baits do. But like I said they just came out with this mold and I have not had a chance to try them.
« Last Edit: 03/24/15 15:19 UTC by Lamar »

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 03/24/15 15:29 UTC »
Money is tight for me over the next month or so with me being in two different weddings and general life expenses that the prospect of buying any new molds is very, very low! Definitely one to file in the "wish list" though.

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 03/24/15 17:01 UTC »
Lamar, You might want to hang onto that mold. I just checked basstackle out and they no longer list that mold. They have the 710 listed (which is a 1/2 inch shorter) but no 709. They might have got a telephone call from someone1 LOL

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 03/24/15 17:11 UTC »
My mistake. It's made by Bob's Tackle Shack.. When ever I see BT I think of Bass Tackle since he has so many molds! LOL

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 03/24/15 18:34 UTC »
My mistake. It's made by Bob's Tackle Shack.. When ever I see BT I think of Bass Tackle since he has so many molds! LOL

They have had the 709 for a while now but not the hollow one.  I bought the two craw mold and should have got the four. But I think the ticket with that mold is going to be the ES Plastic. This will make the claws more durable and a much better lure I hope.
  Also sorry to Jerry for putting a BTS mold on here but hope by promoting the ES plastics and colorants helps.

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 03/24/15 18:42 UTC »
And a Bear's Baits Kodiak craw  :P  Everyone knows who has what molds.  People choose to buy Do-It molds because you know you're getting a quality product from a company that stands behind it.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 03/24/15 19:13 UTC »
  More then 3/4 of all my molds are Do-It. I'm a bass guy and I have my favorites and I have to have them too.

Offline DF

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 03/24/15 19:31 UTC »
Those are some clean looking baits. I think your finally selling me on that CC Green.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 03/24/15 20:20 UTC »
Those are some clean looking baits. I think your finally selling me on that CC Green.

You can't see it well in the picture but it also has .40 purple flake.