Author Topic: Pro Blue Ripper  (Read 837 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Pro Blue Ripper
« on: 06/25/21 12:11 UTC »
....with the hook slot. Pearl with red hi lite belly. The fish just smoked this bait today. Pike and Bass, with 2 of the the Bass running about 5 pounds.

Seen here rigged with a 1/16 weighted hook and the hook's barb end fully hidden in the hook slot. Rigged as such this is proving to be a super weedless combo. The Pro Blue is a solid producer right now with a strong watermelon/ heavy purple .040 glitter over pearl with black flake being a strong second best.

All of our fish today came from less that 4 feet of 75 degree water. A Spro frog got a couple off the top before the sun got strong on the water. 13 fish came on Rippers rigged like I've described. Putting that blade in the mold for the hook pocket has been super rewarding.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
Re: Pro Blue Ripper
« Reply #1 on: 06/25/21 13:34 UTC »
Good report. I like the hook slot idea.

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 06/26/21 16:21 UTC »
Nice.  :o

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/27/21 07:40 UTC »
 Nice job. You're telling you're age with that old clothesline pin.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 06/27/21 07:57 UTC »
We've still got a package of the old, old clip style clothespins without the springs. I was hoping to get a bit of lift on the plastic to get the weighted portion of the hook as well as the pearl belly AND the hook slot in the picture. Big order for a small mind I guess.

The hook slots are beginning to prove themselves as a super handy mod. We've been throwing these Rippers on the weighted hooks right into serious slop and they stay weedless unless they are allowed to get bogged down.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast