Author Topic: Slick shiner  (Read 7587 times)

Offline Lines

• Lunker
Re: Slick shiner
« Reply #15 on: 01/21/21 21:30 UTC »
Nice jig fishermanbt! Like the colors.

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 01/22/21 09:49 UTC »
I just ordered my slick shiner mold yesterday (Jan 21) from zeiners at 12 noon. At 3:00 pm I received a e-mail that the mold had been shipped and was on its way!! Should get it next monday or tuesday.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 01/22/21 10:49 UTC »
Thanks for all the kind reply’s. Been going through some remelts that needed used up until I get another jug of plastisol. Between pouring some jigs, airbrushing/powder painting them and tying some buck tails I’ve been staying busy.

You'll love the twin injecting. And that jig is too nice to get wet....better make another dozen like it and keep that first one on the mantle. Great color play. I may hit the room with the gas heater for a half hour, then turn the electric on to maintain the heat [balmy 6 degrees here right now] and do some plastic play myself. I've been adding color stripes to the flutter spoons I have foiled. Doing all of them free-hand. I need a break. Just not certain which mold I want to work with. It'll be noon soon so I'll eat on it and hope the food makes up my mind.

There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Raynestorm

• Yearling
« Reply #18 on: 01/25/21 17:00 UTC »
These look great. I wish the ripper came in this mold setup.

Speaking of the ripper, how is this shiner going to fish compared to the ripper? It looks like the tail will have a more subtle movement compared to the ripper.

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #19 on: 01/26/21 14:49 UTC »
These look great. I wish the ripper came in this mold setup.

Speaking of the ripper, how is this shiner going to fish compared to the ripper? It looks like the tail will have a more subtle movement compared to the ripper.

I imagine it will fish very similar to the Keitech easy shiner which has a much tighter, more subtle movement to the body and tail than the swing impact.  I imagine the same will hold true for the slick shiner when compared to the swim ripper.

Offline Do-it Rep

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 01/26/21 15:11 UTC »
I imagine it will fish very similar to the Keitech easy shiner which has a much tighter, more subtle movement to the body and tail than the swing impact.  I imagine the same will hold true for the slick shiner when compared to the swim ripper.

Good analogy, bassinfool.  And, pretty true to point.  I think the Slick Shiner has a little looser action than that of the Easy Shiner.  But in no means the same wide traction like wobble and action of the Ripper.  Subtle is a good descriptor.  You can tighten this one up easily with some hardener and give it more lateral body movement with softener.  Pretty versatile little swimbait that catches everything.  This bait really excels on a slow steady retrieve.  And I will warn you. Hang on to your rod.  They hit The Slick Shiner with a vengeance and it's usually in the back of their throat.
« Last Edit: 01/26/21 15:14 UTC by Kyle »

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #21 on: 01/28/21 21:03 UTC »
I just ordered mine. Be glad to put them to use on some smallmouth.

Offline Fishermanbt

• Lunker
« Reply #22 on: 01/31/21 08:26 UTC »
A bit time consuming but I managed to produce a few dual color baits using the cut and paste method until I get a dual injector. For added assurance and a shiny bait I lightly hit them with the propane torch.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #23 on: 01/31/21 08:31 UTC »
Outstanding work. That's beautiful. That bait has the sleek, smooth lines comparable to a luxury sedan :).
« Last Edit: 01/31/21 08:34 UTC by Lines »

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #24 on: 01/31/21 11:35 UTC »
I'm liking what the mold does for tail colors. I fish very few split colors but will do some tinkering with the twin injector and this mold again.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Fishermanbt

• Lunker
« Reply #25 on: 01/31/21 11:45 UTC »
Outstanding work. That's beautiful. That bait has the sleek, smooth lines comparable to a luxury sedan :).
. Lol ;D

Can’t wait to see what you come up with ctom.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #26 on: 01/31/21 13:51 UTC »
The individual injection ports makes split colors with a twin injector fairly simple. What I have found though is injection pressure is something the needs to be kept in check to get the cleanest color split. Too hard or fast of an injection and I get color run-over from the belly color up over the top of the top color. It isn't super bad but it enough to muddle the over-all appearance. Go easy and slow with plastics in the 330 to 320 degree range
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #27 on: 02/02/21 05:11 UTC »
I want the mottled kitech look so I should be good.  :D

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #28 on: 02/02/21 14:30 UTC »
The individual injection ports makes split colors with a twin injector fairly simple. What I have found though is injection pressure is something the needs to be kept in check to get the cleanest color split. Too hard or fast of an injection and I get color run-over from the belly color up over the top of the top color. It isn't super bad but it enough to muddle the over-all appearance. Go easy and slow with plastics in the 330 to 320 degree range

Just call it "natural"  ;)

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #29 on: 02/16/21 05:09 UTC »
Awesome new mold that really going help fell the cooler
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN