Author Topic: De Gassing Chamber  (Read 258 times)

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
De Gassing Chamber
« on: 06/28/22 08:02 UTC »
Wondering how many of you guys use a de gassing chamber to take the bubbles out of your plastic? What's your opinion of them. Looking at one made by Vevor Corp. I know World's worst fishing loves them.

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: De Gassing Chamber
« Reply #1 on: 06/28/22 08:24 UTC »
I don't mess with the de-gassing stuff and I don't have any issues with the Essential plastic whatever. If memory serves me correctly Ryan told me once that all Do-It plastic is de-gassed at the manufacturer site before shipping.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 06/28/22 11:35 UTC »
I've got approx. one gallon left from another type. Have to put a gallon of essential on my next Do-it order!

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/28/22 14:38 UTC »
A couple of years ago I purchased 2 gallons of dop.  More bubbles than a cheap champagne.  I think that is why so many dop  users swear by degassers.  Its too bad too Because it has so many qualities that I liked but I will not tolerate all of those bubbles way worse than any other plastic I have used.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Canga~

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 06/29/22 07:23 UTC »
i use a degassing chamber because i shake the hell out of my plastic to mix it, i know there are better ways to mix but this is just the way i do it. i use bait plastics and if i didnt shake it it would never have bubbles in it.

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 06/29/22 16:25 UTC »
I use one and honestly it is  so worth it. I got tired of the  bubbles  and  a vacuum  chamber was the best thing I ever purchased for my baits.  Definitely a game  changer to  if your trying to make transparent baits or translucent  so I purchased one and now everything turns out perfect.  Plus with the high  humidity here  always getting bubbles and using a drill to mix the 5 gallon bucket adds lots of bubbles so for me it was worth  the money.   I would recommend that you purchase  one tho if you can with a glass lid not the acrylic as in time the plastisol fumes can spider crack the lid. Here is a link to the one I purchased 

https://www.amazon.com/BACOENG-Degassing-Stabilizing-Silicones-Essential/dp/B07WZSF3MX/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?crid=28LFLXEU35NXO&keywords=vacuum+chamber+with+pump&qid=1656537046&sprefix=vacuum++cha%2Caps%2C415&sr=8-9&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.18630bbb-fcbb-42f8-9767-857e17e03685

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 06/29/22 17:29 UTC »
I have thought about getting getting one because of bubbles in DOP. I have not tried essential but may on my next order.

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 06/29/22 18:07 UTC »
Thanks Shaunm, It's good to know what works when your putting that much money into it.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 06/29/22 21:04 UTC »
Yes, thank you Shaun, I've been wondering about this too.