Author Topic: What a crazy year thus far.....  (Read 378 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
What a crazy year thus far.....
« on: 07/05/22 15:48 UTC »
It began with the winter and then crawled right up into our spring, the one that did not happen. Last year we had one [1] 90 degree day on record. Right now we're enjoying another 94 degree day and its not the hottest part of the day yet. And I think we've had 10 or 11 90 plus degree days already and we're not even in the hottest part of the year.

I woke up to thick fog this morning and hustled right out with some tools and a ladder to commence replacing a length of facia and a gutter That lasted about two hours before the heat drove me indoors. At least I am ready to put the replacement goodies up in the morning, unless its raining and there's always a chance for that to happen. After lunch I resolved myself to the shop where it was cooler to do some airbrush project work and that lasted about 2 hours before the heat got to me again. These 90's are getting old. We can't even go to the cabin to find relief because they're experiencing 90's up there too.... clear into Canada! The man upstairs must really be ticked off because a few more degrees and we'll be just as warm as Hell.

Is this heat everywhere?
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
Re: What a crazy year thus far.....
« Reply #1 on: 07/07/22 06:38 UTC »
  I think I've told you before I have a daughter that lives in the St. Paul area so I always watch your weather and for the last few years you guys have had really hot summers. Then where I go fishing six hours north of Minnesota the temps have been good but won't stop raining. The guys at camp were telling me the water is four feet high. So I was telling the wife that we were leaving perfect weather to get a sunburn on the way to a flood. Crazy.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 07/07/22 14:17 UTC »
It has been a terribly cyclic season for insects as well.  We started out in April with our usual visit from our ant friends.  Then May came we we got a knock on the door from termites.  Now we have a clover mite infestation.  Been a screwy year.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 07/07/22 22:38 UTC »
If you are into looking at charts, and cyclical weather patterns , the Dust bowl drought cycle is here/starting and is suppose to be at its strongest/worse in 2025.

Offline basskat

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 07/22/22 23:51 UTC »
We'd gladly take your 94 here in Mississippi! We have so many heat advisory warnings that everyone ignores them. About October it will cool down here.

Offline senkosam

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 08/31/22 02:19 UTC »
Been stuck indoors on and off for the last two weeks because of the heat. Thankfully the days I did get out were phenomenal and there will be more days like those in the near future starting with the major cold front that just moved into southern N.Y. last night. Ahhh, nighttime temps in the 50's with daytime temps near 80!!

The severe drought has dried up small rivers and small lakes and my pond is down 4'. Last night's heavy downpour won't do much for those water levels or the baked lawns all over the place, but at least we finally had a significant downpour that lasted 3 hours. Feel real bad for the folks affected by flooding in the south.
Feast or famine this year!
« Last Edit: 08/31/22 02:24 UTC by senkosam »