Author Topic: Efishnc......  (Read 449 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Efishnc......
« on: 08/12/22 16:23 UTC »
Have you done this yet with your grouse buddy?

This guy flew across a creek and landed just a couple feet from my foot, then came and stood on my boot.  He milled around my feet for five minutes so finally I got down to take some close up pictures when he hopped up on my arm, then elbow, I just reached over and plucked him off my arm. When I sat it back down it hung around with us on the road until we started the side-by-side, and
then he flew off. One crazy assed grouse.

Northern Wisconsin.

THis picture was taken maybe two feet from the bird. Right after I got this shot, he hopped up on my arm.
« Last Edit: 08/12/22 16:45 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Fishermanbt

• Lunker
Re: Efishnc......
« Reply #1 on: 08/12/22 16:40 UTC »
If Do-It opens up best grouse pictures it’s gonna be a tough contest!

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
Re: Efishnc......
« Reply #2 on: 08/13/22 08:53 UTC »
Yes, I've had him in my hands a few times... he's perched on just about every part of my body over the years, but the one thing he has not done is rode the ATV or tractor with me (he just runs along side).

I was moving a treestand in the woods yesterday and ol' chuck was there supervising.  He was obviously molting from summer plumage (red) to fall (gray) and was looking a bit disheveled (which is typical), but what really caught my attention was how silly his one remaining tail feather looked as he was walking around me.