Author Topic: Heat Guns  (Read 1094 times)

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
Heat Guns
« on: 11/13/20 12:07 UTC »
What kind of heat guns do you guys use?  I bought the Wagner heat gun at Lowes last year.  Two weeks after I bought it it stopped working .  I took it back and exchanged it.  Two days later it stopped working also..  Don't mind spending more $ just want some reliability.  Thanks in advance.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline brandx112679

• Kicker
Re: Heat Guns
« Reply #1 on: 11/13/20 12:14 UTC »

I did as you you did I paid a little more any got the waggner, it last only for a short while. So the next one I bought at harbor freight, on sale.Paid about half as much as I did for the waggner,Iv'e run the heck out of it and have had no problem.  Maybe I just got the one bad one they made that day, but wasn't going to buy another, if they only lasted a short period of time.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #2 on: 11/13/20 12:54 UTC »
I’ve got a Wagner that I’ve had for years and haven’t had a problem.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline 21xdc

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 11/13/20 15:04 UTC »
My Wagner is 7 years old and works great..... So Far!  :D

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 11/13/20 16:26 UTC »
My Wagner is probably over ten years old but then I don't live with it on either. It always works when I need it to. I have a hairdryer that I bought for 50 cents at a garage sale that has two speeds and temp ranges. On the hot range I can see why some women look like Phyllis Diller....swear I could strip paint with it.
« Last Edit: 11/13/20 16:28 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 11/13/20 18:44 UTC »
I also have had a Wagner in my shop for years (with no issues) handed down from my uncle, but the best heat gun I have ever used (professionally at work)  is a Porter Cable.  It has a highly variable heat range, something like 300-1200F, and is a dream to operate because of this; if memory is correct, it was right around $40.