Author Topic: Dual injector question  (Read 425 times)

Offline Fishermanbt

• Kicker
Dual injector question
« on: 02/14/21 10:36 UTC »
So I bit the bullet and purchased a complete dual injector from do it (less than a week it was at my door, thanks guys and gals). I’m having problems with colors bleeding on some pours. I suspect this is a combination of temps and pressure. I however would like your input. Temp is around 320ish. Thanks in advance.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
Re: Dual injector question
« Reply #1 on: 02/14/21 10:56 UTC »
What I try to do when using the dual injector is find the same flow with each color. When you stir it get them both at the same thickness. Dark colors heat up faster and seem to be thinner then light colors so I shot them at a lower temp.

Offline DF

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 02/14/21 11:21 UTC »
 Some molds work better than others.  Molds with hook slots, hard angles ect. cause turbulence that can mix your colors. Like Lamar I try to get both colors the same viscosity and use nice even pressure.

Offline Skimpy253

• Kicker
  • Delano Fanony aka That Guy Skimpy
    • https://www.youtube.com/ThatGuySkimpy
« Reply #3 on: 02/14/21 11:52 UTC »
What I try to do when using the dual injector is find the same flow with each color. When you stir it get them both at the same thickness. Dark colors heat up faster and seem to be thinner then light colors so I shot them at a lower temp.

X2
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
https://www.youtube.com/ThatGuySkimpy

Offline alwrenn

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 02/14/21 12:51 UTC »
Also try to make sure that your temps for both colors are as equal to each other as possible.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 02/14/21 14:08 UTC »
What they said.  If one of your colors is a powder and the other a liquid pigment.  The powder side will naturally be thicker and you may need to heat it a little hotter in your trials.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Fishermanbt

• Kicker
« Reply #6 on: 02/14/21 14:20 UTC »
Thanks for the insight. This should cut down on the frustration.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 02/14/21 15:23 UTC »
I wouldn't be frustrated if I were you. Those look awesome to me.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 02/14/21 15:45 UTC »
DF brings up a thought on the hook slots and I have seen the same thing until I made certain the plastics were every close in temp, injected plastic in the 330 t0 320 degree range and slowed the injection speed down.

Offline Les Young

• Kicker
« Reply #9 on: 02/14/21 19:00 UTC »
I wouldn't be frustrated if I were you. Those look awesome to me.
Yep if my slick shiner baits come out looking like that i'll be real  happy myself.  ;D