Author Topic: Got out again  (Read 1164 times)

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
Got out again
« on: 04/13/21 16:45 UTC »
Could not take it any longer and decided I would do some brown water fishing today.  Started out throwing some new Chinese cranks that I recently painted and wanted to make sure they traced straight.  Both tracked great.  One of them looked rather strange (very thin across the top but wide across the bottom giving it a very slow but wide wobble not unlike a wiggle wart).  Any way I tested two baits and decided it was time to fish.  No crappie came to hand but the bull gills were on fire.  Caught at least two dozen keepers and kept 8 to take home for the wife (she would rather eat bluegill than anything that swims).  Star of the day was a 2.5 inch swim fry green with a chart tail.  A purple with chart tail did well also.  I suspect that the gills were simply out racing everything else to the baits.  Suckers were really slamming it.  Hard to be disappointed but maybe next time if the water clears up.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
Re: Got out again
« Reply #1 on: 04/13/21 20:29 UTC »
Thin across the top & wide across the bottom sounds like my ex girlfriend.  ;D

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 04/16/21 20:13 UTC »
Actually, I did a little research on that blank.  It is a pan fish version (clone) of the Luhr  Jenson  speed trap.  Hunts really well.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 04/17/21 04:05 UTC »
Should be a good one then. I sure like the old speed traps & the  express.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 04/17/21 13:24 UTC »
Sounds like a productive trip. I agree with your wife, bluegill are great to eat. Plentiful in most cases too.