Author Topic: If this ain't spring....  (Read 264 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
If this ain't spring....
« on: 04/15/21 18:21 UTC »
.....not much can be.

10"er on the left, 11"er on the right. All of our asparagus beds have goodies up now. Trying to find something for tomorrow's dinner veggie is no longer a puzzle. This will be headed for the grill.

Offline Bass Boys

• Keeper
Re: If this ain't spring....
« Reply #1 on: 04/16/21 04:23 UTC »
Wow, and your in Minnesota !

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 04/16/21 09:14 UTC »
Seeing asparagus grow is still so funny to me.  They grow how you would think someone pulling a prank would just stick them in the ground as a joke. 

Offline bigjim5589

• Keeper
  • J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC
« Reply #3 on: 04/16/21 18:40 UTC »
Nice! That's one veggie that my wife & I both enjoy! I'm not as picky as she is about veggies, as I like just about anything. Mine were started last year, and all plants have come back, but I don't expect to be able to harvest any until next year. I have 7 plants and plan to add more this year too.  ;D

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #4 on: 04/17/21 02:12 UTC »
A season that is way to short for eating fresh out of the ground. Unless you have a big bed and even then it don’t taste the same if you freeze your own but it’s still better than frozen , canned from veggie company’s. Thank god my brother and sister in law have a fairly good size batch that 5 family’s eat from and they save a couple for my mother and I.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Les Young

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 04/17/21 04:03 UTC »
Tom, what time are you firing the grill up so i know what time to be there?  :D Grilled asparagus is pretty dang good.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 04/17/21 06:32 UTC »
I picked a nice pile of it and will fire the grill up about 4. Pork chops and asparagus on the grill is "super food".  The chops just cook. The asparagus gets an olive oil brushing with seasoned salt sprinkled on, then slightly charred. Green candy.

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 04/17/21 08:11 UTC »
Sounds amazing.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 04/17/21 18:38 UTC »
I had a big pile of yard trim and some wood scraps to burn so I set up the remote fire pit and worked up a nice bed of coals, then put a couple packs of home-spun bratwurst in the fish basket I use for the grill and cooked them to perfection along with the grilled asparagus, a tossed salad and a nice pile of pork and beans. Stuffed. The asparagus grilled up great.