Author Topic: Heat Stablzer  (Read 240 times)

Offline pa.jay

• Minnow
Heat Stablzer
« on: 04/15/21 21:10 UTC »
Question I bought a pint and the color is tinted reddish is this all brands or just mine ? It does change the color I can not use it with clear . Thanks

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Heat Stablzer
« Reply #1 on: 04/15/21 21:27 UTC »
You only be adding drops to a 4 ounce batch so I wouldn't fret over it unless its a opaque red or if the red is super obvious.

Offline pa.jay

• Minnow
« Reply #2 on: 04/15/21 21:33 UTC »
It's darker then what I stated actually I looked again.
 I see the pictures show it clear not close to the case for mine.  It turned light green a off color

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 04/15/21 22:34 UTC »
Mine has a yellowish tint to it but doesn't have any impact on the colors I use it in. Is this a Do-It product? If it is give Kyle a call tomorrow and ask about it. 1-319-984-6055

Offline Bass Boys

• Keeper
« Reply #4 on: 04/16/21 04:25 UTC »
Lure Craft brand has a pinkish hue.

Online Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 04/16/21 09:10 UTC »
Honestly with today's plastic blends I can't remember the last time I even used a heat stabilizer. Cut your remelts into small peices and heat them slow making sure to stir and you shouldn't need any stabilizer.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 04/16/21 13:08 UTC »
I use Essential plastic and cannot recall the last time I added stabilizer, even in clear or chartreuse.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #7 on: 04/16/21 17:03 UTC »
Heat stabilizer hasn’t  been used much in the past few years. I think that we all have got a better control on heat and knowing how much plastic it takes to use 95 present leaving very little to re heat. And maybe the manufacturers have changed there formulas to.
« Last Edit: 04/17/21 02:18 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Les Young

• Kicker
« Reply #8 on: 04/17/21 03:58 UTC »
I have the quart bottle of  do-it heat stabilizer  &   use it if remelting  older left over sprue  i  put one lid full to a 4 or 6 ounce batch & it doesn't change my colors that i've been able to see.

Offline pa.jay

• Minnow
« Reply #9 on: 04/17/21 05:36 UTC »
Honestly with today's plastic blends I can't remember the last time I even used a heat stabilizer. Cut your remelts into small peices and heat them slow making sure to stir and you shouldn't need any stabilizer.

Yes this is what I do exactly.  Thanks all

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 04/17/21 06:35 UTC »
I just cut my left over plastic in small chunks like you guys do for re-melts but there are some guys who will run the chunks thru a hand cranked meat grinder. I've never tried it as it sounds like too much work, but that too may be an option for someone.