Author Topic: Question on 3.5 Thump Grub  (Read 147 times)

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
Question on 3.5 Thump Grub
« on: 04/27/21 06:57 UTC »
Does anyone fish this bait on a NED rig or is it to skinny? (I only have the 1.5, thinking about buying the 3.5)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Question on 3.5 Thump Grub
« Reply #1 on: 04/27/21 08:06 UTC »
I have the mold and use mine primarily for walleye, but the diameter of the head end of the bait should snug up to a ned head nicely. The end of the grub is slightly rounded so I'd simply take a slice half way thru the end segment to offer a flat end  for the jig head.

The 3 1/2" Thump-It is very much under-sung in my opinion. I've had days when the 3 1/2" Thump-It really hammers walleyes while the Rippers go un-touched.

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 04/27/21 18:55 UTC »
The 3 1/2" Thump-It is very much under-sung in my opinion. I've had days when the 3 1/2" Thump-It really hammers walleyes while the Rippers go un-touched.

I agree... there are days when the thump grub is a definite "go to" bait.

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 04/27/21 19:07 UTC »
Gary-

Like tom said, the thump grub is under sung and a great bait for many applications... I think it should be a natural when it comes to ned-rigging.

I've even used it as a dead stick drift bait (because of its profile) and I caught plenty of walleyes on it that way.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #4 on: 04/27/21 20:40 UTC »
It’s funny how some days one bait rule’s and other days it don’t seem to matter and as for as the 3.5” thump it and as a Ned bait I wouldn’t know why not as long as it will stand up and movement it should work. I also would think any of the small skinny size carrots 3” 4” would work to.3” CC glider even a MO MAGIC might just a few different ideas.
« Last Edit: 04/28/21 00:10 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN