Author Topic: green pumpkin  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Billy Wells

• Minnow
green pumpkin
« on: 07/07/21 17:39 UTC »
i'm having problems with getting my green pumpkin right, i use m&f colorants , lureworks colors, dead on plastics colors as well.
does anyone have a recipe that i can use with any of these 3 companies ? any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline anyfish

• Kicker
Re: green pumpkin
« Reply #1 on: 07/07/21 17:51 UTC »
I haven't tried it myself as I am using X2 colors for GP, but previously someone posted a recipe that was

Basic Green Pumpkin

4oz plastic
6 drops watermelon
6 drops pumpkinseed
Black flake

I can't find the original post, but it had an entire run down of various recipes.   I think it was in the color cook book section.

Offline Bass Boys

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 07/08/21 04:16 UTC »
 Billy , Not sure what your looking for in a green pumpkin ?
 I add brown to mine .

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 07/08/21 05:47 UTC »
  I'm the same and use Do-it colors only. I use 4 drops of green pumpkin brown to 4 oz of plastic. A bottle of that stuff goes a long ways. I believe the bottom ones are green pumpkin brown with black flake

Offline hawgthumper

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 07/08/21 13:46 UTC »
Everybody’s green pumpkin is a little different. I usually start with someone’s green pumpkin, doesn’t matter whose, and add a drop or two of red. This’ll give you a more brownish look to it. You can probably even start with a watermelon color and do the same thing.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #5 on: 07/08/21 17:54 UTC »
Not a really much of a bass guy and the premier color is baby bass and pearl / watermelon red flake / black with blue hi lite I call mind night blues it’s one of the most awesome color I’ve made solid tomato and black And cooper flake / white with red flake.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 07/08/21 18:03 UTC »
I've added yellow to green pumpkin & it made the baits pop.  ;D

Offline hawgthumper

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 07/09/21 09:14 UTC »
I've added yellow to green pumpkin & it made the baits pop.  ;D
I like that.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 07/09/21 09:48 UTC »
I haven't tried it myself as I am using X2 colors for GP, but previously someone posted a recipe that was

Basic Green Pumpkin

4oz plastic
6 drops watermelon
6 drops pumpkinseed
Black flake

I can't find the original post, but it had an entire run down of various recipes.   I think it was in the color cook book section.

Here is that Link:
http://www.anglersworkshop.com/Soft-Plastic-Bait-RecipesANG

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 07/09/21 12:48 UTC »
I like that.
It worked too. A boy with me was freaking out because I had the boat sitting in 65 feet of water & was loading the boat  fishing pretty much straight down & he couldn’t get bit. Lol He said I ain’t ever saw anybody catch them on a brush hog  in 65 feet & sat down to watch &  aint been with me since. Lol Fish just feeding up after spawn & the yellow was huge because regular green pumpkin never caught but two fish.