Author Topic: Dbomb watermelon red and California love  (Read 911 times)

Offline martybfishing75

• Minnow
Dbomb watermelon red and California love
« on: 01/20/22 17:57 UTC »
Looking for recipe on dbomb watermelon red and California Love

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Dbomb watermelon red and California love
« Reply #1 on: 01/20/22 20:37 UTC »
Welcome to the Do-It forums Marty.

Have you got a picture of the colors you can post or say who makes these baits?
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline martybfishing75

• Minnow
« Reply #2 on: 01/22/22 02:52 UTC »
Thank you, They are both made by Missile Baits

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/22/22 07:57 UTC »
The top bait I think I'd start with some amber then add Watermelon green to it until it gets in the neighborhood of what you need. Once you have it close cooked, add the .008 and .040 red glitter in however much you want.

The bottom bait is a bit harder to gauge because the glitter in the bottom color shows thru in the top view while there is zero hint of the top color in the bottom view. While the bottom appears to be almost black, I think it's just a very dark green pumpkin brown possibly darkened more with a little brown or black that's laminated under what looks like a watermelon brown. The bottom color again has the same red flake as the other bait while the top color has black flake, either in .040 or .015.

When you're putting the top bait's color together, open up the mold you're going to use and spoon some plastic in the deepest part after cooking each color adjustment. Take that plug out and compare it to your picture's color or an actual bait if you have one. For the bottom bait you'll likely find matching the colors easier if you have the actual bait so you can cut it in half thru the thickest portion to get a cross-section of each color instead of the colors piled on top of each other. Stand the cross-section on end on a piece of white paper or even the back of a mold to get better color separation for your matching.
« Last Edit: 01/22/22 08:09 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Bass Boys

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 01/22/22 16:37 UTC »
 Both look tough without bait in hand.
 Bottom bait I would do green pumpkin over Black  for the laminate base then add flake to each.
 Top bait just a guess maybe Lure Works Green Pumpkin # 109 mixed with watermelon # 101 Lure Works also or Do-it watermelon brown ?? Then
 add flake.
 CTom has some good advice also .