Author Topic: Do-it 2” flapjack  (Read 437 times)

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
Do-it 2” flapjack
« on: 05/29/22 03:37 UTC »
I decided to try the flapjack mold I got from anyfish on here & made some junebug/chartreuse tail & they worked pretty good. Then I tried tipping the tail in orange spikeit garlic dye & the crappie flat bit it then, I  vertical jigged them on livescope with just my moonlites to see the fluorescent yellow braid. I wondered how it would work without green lights in the water & it went pretty good. Me being new to livescope this definitely helps build confidence too.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
Re: Do-it 2” flapjack
« Reply #1 on: 05/29/22 06:33 UTC »
  I have the Mega Live and it's a learning curve for sure. The hardest part for me was to fish looking down and not at my line. The younger pros make it look easy. For crappie it would be a huge advantage because you can see if there's crappie and not just fishing a brush pile with nothing in it. I mostly fish bass and I'm hopping once they move out to the points and flats I'll be able to spot them better. I also have the Mega 360 and it's interesting to see how each unit shows structure.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 05/29/22 07:36 UTC »
The Flapjack has been a real good summer Crappie bait for me. I have the tail mold for it and actually that tail section fished alone is a darned good Crappie plastic.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 05/29/22 08:32 UTC »
  I have the Mega Live and it's a learning curve for sure. The hardest part for me was to fish looking down and not at my line. The younger pros make it look easy. For crappie it would be a huge advantage because you can see if there's crappie and not just fishing a brush pile with nothing in it. I mostly fish bass and I'm hopping once they move out to the points and flats I'll be able to spot them better. I also have the Mega 360 and it's interesting to see how each unit shows structure.
Lamar, i was actually fishing it  in open water over the creek channel  with the boat sitting anywhere from 20 to 40 some feet of water but with the majority chasing shad from 10 to 20 feet i adjusted my screen to where i was only seeing just a little bit below the majority & dropped on them.  Most that bit were from 10 to 14 feet deep straight out to the left side of the boat. After i started catching them i turned my livescope straight out to that side of the boat & pretty much left it there other than a slight adjustment to see my jig really plain.  I have mine on a pole that i made on the right side of boat.

Online anyfish

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 05/29/22 08:41 UTC »
Glad to hear that Flapjack mold is working for you.

:D

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 05/29/22 13:40 UTC »
Thanks Chris & it sure is.