Author Topic: 2" flap jack tail mold  (Read 569 times)

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
2" flap jack tail mold
« on: 06/03/22 21:34 UTC »
Does anybody have one that they want to sell?

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
Re: 2" flap jack tail mold
« Reply #1 on: 06/04/22 11:35 UTC »
I ordered one.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 06/04/22 13:18 UTC »
You'll like that mold Les. I make the tail and use them as is, not attached to the body. Crappies love the bait as a tail only but also love the full Flapjack bait.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/05/22 08:18 UTC »
Tom that's good to know. I'll be able to downsize when needed & if using full size i  can  make 3 color baits too. I really like   how much movement there is when just holding it still.  I think i'll try drop shotting it for smallmouth some too.  Thanks 

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 06/09/22 05:22 UTC »
Tom I got the tail mold yesterday so when I have time I think I’ll stock pile a bunch of tails in both chartreuse & orange.  Who am I kidding? I’ll probably have them in a bunch of different colors.  8)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 06/09/22 07:19 UTC »
Just remember Les that if you stock up on tails to leave them a little long when you remove them from the runner so you can cut them to their working length when you get ready to inject the full baits. They'll create their own oil in storage and if you try to use them without either washing them off in alcohol or re-trim them, they'll not weld well when finishing the baits. I stockpile tails for a number of crappie sized baits and just leave them all long by about an eighth of an inch and do a finish trim when I want to use them. The tails, if you are going to use them as they are without finishing the baits, can be cut to the length you want and stored like a bait.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 06/09/22 10:53 UTC »
I’ll leave them hanging by the sprue to let them cure for  a while anyway so usually when I need to get some off of the wall they’re fully cured & I add worm oil to them when bagging. The ones I stock pile I’ll leave a little long. Good idea. Thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: 06/09/22 10:58 UTC by Les Young »