Author Topic: Got cold?  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
Re: Got cold?
« Reply #15 on: 02/15/21 01:01 UTC »
Tom, it’s not that cold here yet, but it’s coming. Tonight I’m doing snow & ice & ain’t slept a wink. Lol The baits look god by the way.  8)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 02/15/21 08:14 UTC »
WE were at -21 degrees at 7:00 this morning with a windchill of -38 and two joggers went trotting past the house. They say that temps like this can be crippling....apparently it begins with some people's minds.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #17 on: 02/15/21 09:55 UTC »
-6 now and 1 over night .
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 02/15/21 11:17 UTC »
The best thing about these temperatures is that the ice is to thick to go fishing! LOL

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #19 on: 02/15/21 12:36 UTC »
Wow, 42° right now. Supposed to drop to 24° overnight. Wednesday marks our 1 year anniversary living in Alabama. I sure DO NOT miss Iowa weather.

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 02/15/21 13:47 UTC »
Wow, 42° right now. Supposed to drop to 24° overnight. Wednesday marks our 1 year anniversary living in Alabama. I sure DO NOT miss Iowa weather.

We don't do winter weather well down here, in case you didn't already know.  Don't try and drive once the temp drops because these dumbasses think having 4 wheel drive is all you need to drive on a sheet of ice!

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #21 on: 02/15/21 16:19 UTC »
Even here in the tundra "dumbasses with 4 wheel drive" abound. During ice and snow events here there are far more all-wheel and 4 wheel vehicles in the roadside ditches than the venerable two wheel drive vehicles.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #22 on: 02/15/21 16:22 UTC »
Dumbasses everywhere....lol.

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #23 on: 02/15/21 18:10 UTC »
Yeah its supposed to get really bad here in Southeast Ohio around a half inch of ice is supposed to hit and its coming down really hard now so the power is probably going out for some time.  Yeah no one should be out messing around in this stuff definitely dangerous business but some people just cant listen.

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #24 on: 02/16/21 03:28 UTC »
Quote from: Shaunm81 link=topic=12734.msg99313# Yeah no one should be out messing around in this stuff definitely dangerous business but some people just cant listen.
[/quote
Nope & I’ve saw a bunch of them again tonight.  I just saw 2 skating on the main highway & not paying attention to anything.  Worst  thing is that they weren’t kids either.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #25 on: 02/16/21 07:17 UTC »
-21 here again this morning. No wind though.

I feel for those getting the ice. That stuff is a killer and destroyer. We're forecast to be up to 30 or so by this upcoming Sunday....and snow, of course.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #26 on: 02/16/21 08:59 UTC »
Minus 14 here last night.  Ordered my crankbait blanks.  Figure they will probably be here when it is balmy outside and I will be to busy fishing to paint them.  Ready for spring!!!!!!!
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #27 on: 02/16/21 12:38 UTC »
I will be to busy fishing to paint them.  Ready for spring!!!!!!!
Not a bad situation to be in olsarge. 👍