Author Topic: Dual injecting the ripper.  (Read 5961 times)

Offline rmturner54

• Minnow
Re: Dual injecting the ripper.
« Reply #15 on: 09/23/21 08:37 UTC »
Hotter temps meanthinner plastisol. This it turn makes the colors mix easier

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Kicker
« Reply #16 on: 09/23/21 18:52 UTC »
I've used a dual injector on my single ripper cnc mold.

Turned out fine. I just made sure both injectors had color to the very tip. Then shot the mold with a slow steady push of pressure. Rushing or over pressuring doesn't leave a good laminate line.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 09/23/21 19:47 UTC »
This is one of two modded 4" Ripper molds I have. You can see how the end injection is set up with the high temp putty closing off the original runner. You can also see on the alignment pin side of the mold how I have cleaned out for the hook pocket insert. This makes a super slick bait.

Here are three of the 4" Ripper baits done in the converted molds. Very clean color separation and you can also note the rigged bait and how the pocket along the back hides the hook making the whole thing about as weedless as weedless can get.

« Last Edit: 09/23/21 19:51 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline OIR

• Keeper
« Reply #18 on: 10/05/21 17:29 UTC »
I use a Fluoroplastic Soft Mold Injector to make 2 good drops on each side of the mold

(note: the mold need to be hot to get a good fuse)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6r1ArshogA
20 ml up to 45ml are a good one hand
« Last Edit: 10/05/21 17:38 UTC by OIR »

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Kicker
« Reply #19 on: 10/07/21 21:16 UTC »
This is one of two modded 4" Ripper molds I have. You can see how the end injection is set up with the high temp putty closing off the original runner. You can also see on the alignment pin side of the mold how I have cleaned out for the hook pocket insert. This makes a super slick bait.

Here are three of the 4" Ripper baits done in the converted molds. Very clean color separation and you can also note the rigged bait and how the pocket along the back hides the hook making the whole thing about as weedless as weedless can get.

I don't understand why you had to make a different fill sprue.......Mine shot fine with the original....Also wondering why the hook slot.....I've just slightly pegged the hook and haven't had problems....

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 10/08/21 04:45 UTC »
These fish totally weedless using the weighted hooks having the hook slot on top, yet instantly allow the hook to bite when a fish hits. Keitech's Fat Swim Impact baits have the top hook slot and have been murder on large pike for a few years now so I decided to incorporate a top slot in these baits. 100% my preference.   

The end injection allows a straight in fill that gets super nice color separation....having the plastic colors needing to turn the corner as with the side fill allows too much mixing for my likes. Again, 100% my preference.

Neither of these changes are needed if you're happy with you baits as the come from the original mold. I wanted more from the molds so I made the changes, simple as that.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline rmturner54

• Minnow
« Reply #21 on: 01/29/22 10:28 UTC »
My first post here. I have tried to make laminates with the 3"ES, it's very difficult to do because of the bait layout and injection ports. If I want laminates to be perfect I do handpours. But I do have good success with a 2 color ripper. Tail and body. Like eveyone has said when I try to laminate this mold , most of the times it's a swirl, which in its on right is cool.