Author Topic: 2 and 2.5" ripper molds  (Read 3399 times)

Offline Canga~

• Kicker
2 and 2.5" ripper molds
« on: 11/27/19 19:53 UTC »
i see that the smaller ripper molds are (finally!) up on the website. is there a picture of the molds themselves available at all? perhaps a pic of the 2 and 2.5 against the 3"?

thanks

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: 2 and 2.5" ripper molds
« Reply #1 on: 11/27/19 19:58 UTC »
I can post pics of the molds side by side tomorrow morning. Baits too maybe.... I think I have at least one of each. These have been getting a lot of attention from people on my end of things. Lots of sample have gone to bait shops.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 11/27/19 20:09 UTC »
Yessir  glad there up now going to order  one :-)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 11/27/19 20:16 UTC »
Here you go canga. Ma had some hinkie tv program on so I got the picture tonight.

The 2" is on the right, the 2 1/2" on the left. I was able to get in some real late crappie fishing with these and did well casting rip-rap. The 2" version did best but in warmer summer water that 2 1/2" will rock. Actually that 2 1/2" would be an excellent down-sizing plastic for winter, open water,  walleye and sauger.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #4 on: 11/28/19 00:42 UTC »
Can’t wait to see if they do a essential of them and more cavity like a pro mold.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Canga~

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 11/28/19 05:19 UTC »
Here you go canga. Ma had some hinkie tv program on so I got the picture tonight.

The 2" is on the right, the 2 1/2" on the left. I was able to get in some real late crappie fishing with these and did well casting rip-rap. The 2" version did best but in warmer summer water that 2 1/2" will rock. Actually that 2 1/2" would be an excellent down-sizing plastic for winter, open water,  walleye and sauger.

Thanks for the pic. Yeah I will use the 2.5” for walleyes primarily in early spring, seem to get a lot of fish on smaller swimbaits (did well on the angling Ai little hammer last spring) and did OK on the 3” ripper but seemed they wanted the smaller profile. Got a slimmer 3” from fat guys fishing and it’s awesome, but will probably pick up that 2.5 ripper too at some point. Pic is the fgf bait (white) and a 2.75” strike king rage swimmer (green pumpkin/white)

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 11/28/19 20:27 UTC »
Do you think the 2" for crappie?

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 11/28/19 21:12 UTC »
Do you think the 2" for crappie?

The river crappies here hit the 2 1/2" without any issues. The 2" works great. Use at least a #4 hook in whatever head size you decide to rig though. I make a 1/32 with a #2 sickle hook that works great in the 2 1/2"
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they