Author Topic: 2" vibe lures  (Read 1487 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
2" vibe lures
« on: 04/17/21 07:18 UTC »
A good friend in Wisconsin who also toys with airbrushing has been spraying a nice 2" Vibe style lure and having great luck this spring for walleyes while in the boat. He sent one for me to play with but the boat hasn't come out yet so I ordered up a bag to play with. These came from Shelts. Delivery time was great given they had to cross the pacific, three weeks. At 2" these will finish out at around 3/8 ounce and seem to balance and hang real nice on 6 pound braid and a small clip. While I'll target waldo and saugdogs with these they should be a great vertical bass lure too.

I have a vacuum frame put together using a perforated steel mess and have the floor drain and screen, just need to cut a couple pieces of plywood and a piece of plexiglass and I'll be using a couple of these to vacuform some stencil blanks to help dress them up some. I hope to have the form finished today. I have 4 baits I spray that I want a whole series of stencils done for so I'll be busy forming about 64 sheets, 8 stencils, both sides.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
Re: 2" vibe lures
« Reply #1 on: 04/17/21 09:44 UTC »
That is where I got my last shipment from.  Also took 3 weeks.  So far pretty impressed with the blanks.  Let us know how your stencils turn out.  That is something I am not very good at but would like to try.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #2 on: 04/17/21 10:01 UTC »
Can’t wait to see some of your color shift and I wonder what a purple chartreuse in transparent look like. Tom the last time I tried to order I couldn’t get to take my order and after a hour and a half I gave up.3/8 oz. is one my most used weights in blade style bait
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 04/17/21 18:44 UTC »
Mike, I generally give the bait a white pearl undercoat. Seldom do I do a transparent over clear plastic. I think the white pearl undercoat gives the top coats something to bind to and the paints resist scratching way better than if the transparent is shot directly on the clear body.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #4 on: 04/17/21 20:27 UTC »
Thanks for your thoughts TOM