Author Topic: two more colors  (Read 801 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
two more colors
« on: 10/17/21 14:13 UTC »
Here are a couple basic colors, souped up a bit. First is the age old gold sides with an orange belly and black back. The sides are done with Do-Its new disco shad gold, a super smooth color and as close to gold plated as airbrush pain can get. This color needs thinning, or at least that which I have did, and several light coats fetch the best coverage. The belly got the new Flame Red and Fluorescent Orange mixed 50/50. The back got Do-It's Basic Black and was top coated with the Do-It Clear laced with Arson Super Shift color shift pigment. The picture here doesn't show it well however a close look at the head around the gill areas of the lower bait may show just a tinge of the reddish wine color which is actually all over the place between a burgandy and gold and purple and a couple others including orange. This bait's colors make a Rapala of the same color pattern appear sick.

The lower two sticks are a basic white belly with a black back. The belly white is Do-Its new Go-To-Pearl and Basic White mixed 50/50. Flame Red makes the small gill color. Basic Black is the back color that has been top coated with the Do-It Clear loaded up with Twisted Guava color shift pigment. The purple in the color shift really is visible along the sides while  on the right of the two baits the green-gold really jumps out. Tis gives the timelss black over white pearl stick color a whole new meaning.

Both colors are wearing Do-Its new Warmouth color in the Attack Series of eyes.

The two Super Shift pigments used in these baits are very pricy for very little product but in my world very much worth the cost.

There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline DF

• Lunker
Re: two more colors
« Reply #1 on: 10/18/21 08:20 UTC »
 Nice! What size are these? Got hooks picked out?

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 10/18/21 11:23 UTC »
They're about 6 1/2" D. I'll be hanging some size4 KVD Elite Triple Grip hooks on these but not the heavy wire version. These bodies are floaters so I want to keep them as light as possible to keep them out of weeds. They dig down real nice to about 6-7 feet on a steady retrieve. I just ordered another 10 and will likely order 20 or 30 more during the winter. These paint up so nice they're pretty much in demand what with the way the foil liner inside helps to bounce light back our thru the paint coats. I should note that with all of the Do-It colors I have been using on these I do not use any under color, the colors go directly on the bodies.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 10/19/21 07:10 UTC »
The pike are going to love those! Thanks for telling us the colors and color mixes. I'll be coping some of those. That transparent yellow is going to be a hot color for walleye!

Offline Big Ugly

• Yearling
« Reply #4 on: 11/13/21 14:42 UTC »
Very nice
Even when i can't see, I still believe.

Offline Fatman

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 11/22/21 18:27 UTC »
Very nice!!