Author Topic: Ice fishing Plastics.....holy cow do they work really well.  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Kicker
Blows me away how well they work.....any other baits 1.5 in or less in size out there.

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
Over the years I've caught tons of fish on Berkeley power wigglers, but since getting into injecting with Do-it molds, I've caught more fish though the ice using half of their mayfly than anything else... the head end looks like a spider and the big gills hanging shallow just inhale this during early ice, then during the late season I use the back half (turned 90 degrees) to simulate a minnow for deeper fish like bass, crappies, and perch.

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
I have the cricket,wax wiggler, bubba scud the bream bug  but check out the  stone fly from Jacobs I just bought it and the bream bug.  Do you have any trouble with the bream bug after you bag it losing its shape? I am having some trouble with it and also the  stone fly with the arms and stuff not keeping shape so I'm thinking I might have to harden the baits up using the hardner or get a harder blend plastic for those two.

Offline senkosam

• Keeper
Do you have any trouble with the bream bug after you bag it losing its shape? I am having some trouble with it and also the  stone fly with the arms

If you sell them, some parts will get deformed which is true for any bait sold or packed tight in plastic bags. As for my own use, I make sure lures are layered flat in zip lock bags and kept that way in the tackle box or when stored. If any lose their shape -especially the thin parts - I place them in hot water for three minutes and they return to their normal shape.

Too stiff a plastic causes less action, and lure action - especially subtle quivers - makes a lure work at the slowest retrieve.

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Kicker
I have the cricket,wax wiggler, bubba scud the bream bug  but check out the  stone fly from Jacobs I just bought it and the bream bug.  Do you have any trouble with the bream bug after you bag it losing its shape? I am having some trouble with it and also the  stone fly with the arms and stuff not keeping shape so I'm thinking I might have to harden the baits up using the hardner or get a harder blend plastic for those two.

I just keep them in a multi container berkley gulp tackle box. Put some crappie power bait on them.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
I just keep them in a multi container berkley gulp tackle box. Put some crappie power bait on them.

I'm a Gulp fan for when plastics are having a tough time and hence have a pile of the jars with the juice left in them. Try storing the plastics in jars according to bait, color mixing doesn't matter, and add extra juice to keep the baits covered. Every one of my productive crappie baits gets stored in two ways...flat in a sectioned box or in Gulp juice. Stored in the Gulp juice gives you the best of both worlds.