Author Topic: Super Fries  (Read 7510 times)

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
Super Fries
« on: 03/21/15 19:30 UTC »
I got the 2.5" Fry and 3.5" Super Fry mold today. I couldn't wait to see what kind of baits they made so I whipped up a few colors and had at it. Figured I would try some laminates and single colored baits right away with both molds. I was successful with both molds but only got one pic that showed much of anything. I got a few dents in a few of the baits and a couple I had too much plastic in the belly so the tail didn't quite fill out. In the end, I only ended up with a couple duds out of the deal and I'm cool with that. The dent issue can wait for another day when I feel I'm running low on frustration. LOL

For many of you this is pretty basic, ho hum stuff by now but it's a whole new world for this guy = I hope I'm not boring you with these pics.Thanks to everyone for helping a new dude learn the ropes. 

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Super Fries
« Reply #1 on: 03/21/15 19:37 UTC »
That didn't take long. Nice work. I thought you were just starting out in this stuff?
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 03/21/15 20:09 UTC »
Whether they know it or not, there are some pretty good teachers on this board.

Offline DF

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 03/21/15 20:48 UTC »
Nice work! and keep the pics coming, I never get tired of seeing what people are cooking up.

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 03/22/15 06:04 UTC »
Nice work! and keep the pics coming, I never get tired of seeing what people are cooking up.
Same here. I don't do many small baits so seeing the amount of work and detail some of the gentleman here can put into them is really astounding to me. Good work, keep it up!

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 03/22/15 09:36 UTC »
Here are a few I did in a light smoke, blue,black and a touch of silver hologram litter with a bit of UV. The top baits are the Super Frys the bottom bait is the 2.5" Fry laminate with a light pearl belly. They look better than the pic shows.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 03/22/15 09:47 UTC »
Moving right along aren't ya.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 03/22/15 09:58 UTC »
That color was one of my favorite store bought bait colors from years ago. I'm pretty happy I could get as close as I did  to duplicating it.  I did the same color using micro glitters on some panfish baits too.  I really like how the UV seems to enhance the glitters in these baits.

Offline Fatman

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 03/22/15 11:30 UTC »
Good looking baits!  Plastics is one thing I'm not getting into, it's way easier to get them from all of you. 

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 03/23/15 18:46 UTC »
Some more Super Fries I worked on this aft. I think ( Read Hope lol) these will be a good neutral bite bait. Watermelon brown top, light pearl belly and a light chartreuse tail. I did these in a hurry as the light was fading and it was only 35 degrees in the garage. I'll do better job next time. I want/need to figure out how to get a brighter chartreuse than these char tails.   

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 03/23/15 19:10 UTC »
Add more chartreuse and a drop of white. Or add a drop of green to the chartreuse.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 03/23/15 19:56 UTC »
Thanks Tom. I'll add more chartreuse next time. I'll be taking these for a swim tomorrow.

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 03/23/15 20:34 UTC »
Chartreuse with a drop of white and some hi lite is what I normally do. Little something I picked up from Tom.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 03/23/15 21:00 UTC »
I mixed up 4 drops of X2 chartreuse and one drop of ES white to 4 oz of plastic. I'm still trying to learn just how potent the different X2 colors are and I didn't want to get too carried away. LOL  I'll up the chartreuse next time. Thanks for the tips.

This was my first try at a 3 color bait. I'll do things a little differently next time.

Offline Slow Burn

• Kicker
« Reply #14 on: 03/23/15 22:08 UTC »
I generally do 7 drops of chart and 1-2 drop of floro green per 4 oz. all 2X colors and it gives bright neon color like safety yellow in hunting gear or a safety vest. It really pops