Author Topic: Ice Fishing Lead Mold.  (Read 34967 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Kicker
Re: Ice Fishing Lead Mold.
« Reply #75 on: 02/03/19 22:58 UTC »
I look for a mold from do it soon......ice fishing is a way of life up north and a cult like culture. People live on the lake up north for days...weeks....months

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
« Reply #76 on: 02/10/19 18:24 UTC »
I look for a mold from do it soon......ice fishing is a way of life up north and a cult like culture. People live on the lake up north for days...weeks....months
Please hold your breath and wait for Do-It to make this mold.
I'm sure that if you do it'll come out sooner.lol
If your that desperate for this mold then why won't you just have a CNC mold made?
It'll cost you less than some of those doodads you have in your fancy Ice Castle shanty and you'll have a mold in a few weeks.
Or as suggested make one out of silicone!
Again you'll have a working mold in a couple of weeks if you have to order the silicone. Sooner if you don't.
Count me in as another disbeliever in the sales of this mold.
Meager at best is my prediction.

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Kicker
« Reply #77 on: 02/12/19 20:28 UTC »
Please hold your breath and wait for Do-It to make this mold.
I'm sure that if you do it'll come out sooner.lol
If your that desperate for this mold then why won't you just have a CNC mold made?
It'll cost you less than some of those doodads you have in your fancy Ice Castle shanty and you'll have a mold in a few weeks.
Or as suggested make one out of silicone!
Again you'll have a working mold in a couple of weeks if you have to order the silicone. Sooner if you don't.
Count me in as another disbeliever in the sales of this mold.
Meager at best is my prediction.

Lol.....you can be a disbeliever. I think it would sell well. I'm in to hurry. I have more lures then I could ever use. I'll hold out for the do it mold. 👍

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
« Reply #78 on: 02/14/19 21:02 UTC »
Lol.....you can be a disbeliever. I think it would sell well. I'm in to hurry. I have more lures then I could ever use. I'll hold out for the do it mold. 👍
Sounds to me like your not that interested anymore?
Willing to wait?lol
Even more reason for Do-It not to put this mold on their to do list IMHO.
I wasn't willing to wait on some of my ideas so I has custom CNC molds made.
Now I have what nobody else does.
And they work just like I planned!
But you can buy Marmooska's all day long at virtually any tackle shop. Guess that's another reason for Do-It to not make this mold. It's just a copy cat of other people's work!

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Kicker
« Reply #79 on: 02/14/19 23:17 UTC »
Sounds to me like your not that interested anymore?
Willing to wait?lol
Even more reason for Do-It not to put this mold on their to do list IMHO.
I wasn't willing to wait on some of my ideas so I has custom CNC molds made.
Now I have what nobody else does.
And they work just like I planned!
But you can buy Marmooska's all day long at virtually any tackle shop. Guess that's another reason for Do-It to not make this mold. It's just a copy cat of other people's work!

Lmao....yeah cause the round head jig wouldn't sell with that thought process. Or the blade baits......

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Kicker
« Reply #80 on: 10/06/19 01:17 UTC »
Any ice lure molds coming?

Online 21xdc

• Lunker
« Reply #81 on: 10/06/19 06:12 UTC »
It seems like this mold tweaked for the hook you want would work very well when poured w/o the wire keeper. Possibly putting the hook in backwards. 

https://store.do-itmolds.com/Minnow-Head-Jig-wWire-HolderbrSz-148-132-116-18-316-14-38brHk-570-or-575brCollar-Barb_p_556.html

« Last Edit: 10/06/19 06:13 UTC by 21xdc »

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #82 on: 10/07/19 02:04 UTC »
If you turn the eye and bend the hook on the shad dart you have a much better jig. The 1/32 and 1/64 at awesome ice jig’s
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #83 on: 10/07/19 21:02 UTC »
It seems like this mold tweaked for the hook you want would work very well when poured w/o the wire keeper. Possibly putting the hook in backwards. 

https://store.do-itmolds.com/Minnow-Head-Jig-wWire-HolderbrSz-148-132-116-18-316-14-38brHk-570-or-575brCollar-Barb_p_556.html

Dang now I want that minnow head without the collar. That would work great for tiny plastics!

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #84 on: 10/08/19 07:54 UTC »

Reversing the hook position would be a great start on this. Grinding the plugs in the cavity off that create the eye pockets, with a Dremel, would be a good move too. The profile created in doing this would be very close to the diamond jig....or the mooska. And with some tweeking an 8 or even a 10 hook could get slipped in there

The teardrop mold in 1/16 using the wire keeper is very close to what the "mooska" style of jigs look like. Omit the wire, down size the hooks to an 8 or 10 and do a small amount of clean-up and there ya go.

The mooska style baits call for a flat eye hook and the hooks have a unique bend in them. My guess is that someone already has a grip on the hook's availability and that too might be another hang-up, but as Kal has suggested, the mooska style baits are way to easy to get for most people to want to dink with trying to make them.
« Last Edit: 10/08/19 08:13 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #85 on: 10/10/19 06:08 UTC »
https://www.sheltfishingtackle.com/25mm-unpainted-ice-fishing-tungsten-jigs-p-149.html

I know this isn’t a mold but for the guys that like that style of jig here ya go.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #86 on: 10/10/19 06:50 UTC »
This Shelt's page might be even better....shows being able to purchase the 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, and 5mm in quantities of 25, not quantities of 100 which could get a little steep.

https://www.sheltfishingtackle.com/unpainted-ice-tungsten-jigs-c-13/
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Kicker
« Reply #87 on: 04/05/20 23:24 UTC »
Anyone from do-it care to comment on an Ice Fishing jog mold?

I seen in Jan you brought a new ice fishing plastic. Thinking maybe INFISHERMAN would do an article on pouring plastics and jigs for ice fishing....since the ice mag has become the same crap over and over the last few years.