Author Topic: Fishing Reports?  (Read 3935 times)

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
Fishing Reports?
« on: 01/22/12 09:05 UTC »
Pot stirring time again.   :D  :D
Not one forum fishing post since 12/23/11.  I can not believe that no one has caught a fish since Christmas.  Or at least a skunk   :-[.
I have fished once this year and really don't have an excuse except high muddy water most of this month.

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
Re: Fishing Reports?
« Reply #1 on: 01/22/12 09:47 UTC »
Here in central Indiana i have been two times since xmas.  Me and a friend went to my grandpas stripper pit.  Caught three both times.  I only threw a carrot stix on a wacky hook. trying to figure it out before the first tournament.  Weather here has been from tornadoes to ice storms.  All in the same week. 

Offline BassDetective

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 01/22/12 10:51 UTC »
My Son, Daughter and I made it out over Christmas vacation to a local pond.  Weather was spectacular that week.  We caught a giant even by California standards.  She was 10lb 1 oz. 

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #3 on: 01/22/12 19:38 UTC »
That's a good fish by any state's standards, Steve.  Did you catch it, or one of the kids?  That would make a good childhood memory.  My big fish so far this year is only 3-9, but  l'm fishing a place called Bullard's Bar next weekend and it's known for monster spots.  I'm figuring a wacky rigged skinny carrot, or a 3.5" carrot drop shot, or a few 5" wutz its on an Alabama rig, or who the heck knows what else.  I figure I'm pretty fortunate being able to fish in January.  I can't help but think of poor Andy waiting out there in the cold for the ice to melt so his bait can get wet.

Anyhow, nice fish.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 01/22/12 20:24 UTC »
Hey... I caught some crappies today on the swim fry...just had to drill through about 12" of ice to get them wet!
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 01/22/12 20:30 UTC »
When you have to drill a hole through at least 6 inches of ice to get a bait wet; It's a "tad" too cold for me.  Looking on the bright side; I guess you don't have to buy ice for the fish cooler.  
That is a really nice bass; one to be very proud of.    What did she hit?
« Last Edit: 01/22/12 20:33 UTC by pjmcla »

Offline BassDetective

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 01/22/12 22:21 UTC »
Thanks.  Let's call it a team effort   ;D  My son hooked up and I lipped him at the shore.  That is our biggest fish for sure.  We did get an 8lb'er earlier in the year but I was by myself. 

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
Re: Re: Fishing Reports?
« Reply #7 on: 01/22/12 22:28 UTC »
Wow..your son caught that monster! That explains the look on his face :D
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline superharmonix

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 01/22/12 22:35 UTC »
That look on your son's face is one that reminds me of the first time I watched my grandpa bring a musky into the boat.  ...a treasured memory for sure.   

Offline Otis Baits

• Minnow
« Reply #9 on: 02/08/12 20:09 UTC »
Here in sunny Central Florida the weather has been in the 70's all winter it seems.The big girls have moved up on the beds and fishing has been awsome.Took my 8 year old grand son fishing last week.And he caught his first 10 pounder.He caught it with one of my trick worms I had poured that day in a new color.So we named the color Carters Magik.He got a big kick out of that.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #10 on: 02/08/12 20:59 UTC »
Awesome fish!!!