Author Topic: Clown  (Read 695 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Clown
« on: 10/17/21 07:48 UTC »
Here's another on of the stick baits done in the ever popular "clown" pattern. The colors are exclusive to Do-It except the red head color which is transparent red from Createx. The belly white is made from equal parts of the new Go-To-Pearl and basic white. The backs are done in the Hot Yellow and fluorescent yellow in equal parts. The head color is applied as it comes from the bottle but thinned a bit. The eyes are Do-It's Attack Series Precision Pearl. Everything is sealed up with Seal Coat.

The more I work with the new line of airbrush paints the more convinced I am that they are the toughest paints I have ever used in an airbrush. I head set each coat/color and once this is done it's darned near impossible to scrub the colors off a bait and I know first hand that to be the case even trying alcohol. Acetone or lacquer thinner would eat the body plastic so of course I did not try either but I have tried denatured alcohol and 70% rubbing alcohol and neither help at all. So much of what I do has a top coat of clear with and interference hi lite color or a color shift pigment that I think I'll try not seal coating them.

There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline anyfish

• Kicker
Re: Clown
« Reply #1 on: 10/17/21 11:14 UTC »
Well done!  Those look amazing.

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
Re: Clown
« Reply #2 on: 10/19/21 09:54 UTC »
Put that behind a bottom bouncer and troll for walleye!