Author Topic: Okay guys some questions  (Read 5152 times)

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
Okay guys some questions
« on: 02/13/18 17:47 UTC »
Okay guys been thinking about setting some kind of station up in my home to pour plastics.  So what type of exhaust fan system would be sufficient at ridding the plastisol fumes? I would like something that is not going to be affordable  that wont break my bank.  I am thinking about making some kind of work station but need some ideas and pictures of a setup if that is possible.  I just am tired of having to pack out all equipment then pack everything back in when im done not to mention dealing with the cold weather.  So any suggestions?Ideas? Also how long is the filters good on my 3m respirator ?Thanks

Offline billygee

• Kicker
Re: Okay guys some questions
« Reply #1 on: 02/13/18 18:03 UTC »
Guess it depends on it being permanent or portable 

I personally use an old window fan downstairs between my patio doors or in the window if there are a lot of flying insects around.
I seal bag the filters to extend their life where some mfg. recommends their life span

billygee

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 02/13/18 18:41 UTC »
40 hours OUTSIDE the bag on most 3M respirators if you have a auto paint type that is the standard rule
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 02/13/18 18:53 UTC »
40 hours OUTSIDE the bag on most 3M respirators if you have a auto paint type that is the standard rule

Okay thanks I have the one with pink pads on it.  I think around $50 at lowes

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 02/13/18 19:19 UTC »
Round pink filters?

Offline billygee

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 02/13/18 20:22 UTC »
Okay thanks I have the one with pink pads on it.  I think around $50 at lowes

Pink ?
Best you do a little research on those filters as keep in mind your dealing with toxic fumes.

billygee

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 02/13/18 20:26 UTC »
Pink ?
Best you do a little research on those filters as keep in mind your dealing with toxic fumes.

billygee

Indeed pink is usually dust particle protection not for toxic fumes.

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 02/13/18 20:27 UTC »
Square pink  uses 60923 cartridge.
« Last Edit: 02/13/18 20:35 UTC by Shaunm81 »

Offline acwatkins

• Minnow
« Reply #8 on: 03/01/18 20:13 UTC »
So I made this homemade exhaust hood, or as I like to call it, my Meth Lab. Its horrible and redneck as hell looking hence the nickname. But, I made it out of almost all things lying around the house. I spent about $30 total on the duct booster fan (used as exhaust) and flex pipe. The fan is an 8" and moves over 400 cfm and having the microwave in the box really doesnt allow any fumes to even have a chance at escaping. I dump the flex pipe out of the window and my work area is safe. Im sure you could do something similar that looks 100% better

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 03/01/18 21:06 UTC »
Welcome acwatkins. That system looks totally effective. Who gives a rat's what it looks like. It's not as bad looking as you're making it out to be anyway.

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 03/05/18 23:19 UTC »
Thanks acwatkins and welcome. I appreciate the idea and as Lines said it looks like it will serve its purpose.  I am putting one together now just ordered the duct hose and 8" inline fan.