Author Topic: Worm Weight Mold?  (Read 5452 times)

Offline Lines

• Lunker
Re: Worm Weight Mold?
« Reply #15 on: 12/30/19 17:05 UTC »
That one slipped by me. I'm ordering tomorrow. Thanks Do-It!

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 12/30/19 19:18 UTC »
Heck with it. I’ll just buy in bulk locally. I just thought maybe it would be alright  getting into lead & making my  own sinkers since I already make my own plastics.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Last Edit: 12/31/19 01:05 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 12/31/19 08:33 UTC »
Thanks.  I'll just buy in bulk instead of going the lead route i guess. I kind of figured since do it had molds made for about everything known to man that they may do it if they a few customers wanting them. I can buy cheap in bulk anyway & not have to invest in a mold, melting pot & other jig head molds too if i don't fool with it to begin with. I've aqlready spent a fortune on plastic molds.

Offline Do-It Corp.

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
« Reply #19 on: 12/31/19 10:42 UTC »
Our lead molds are cast in our foundry.  To produce the finished mold, we build a pattern that is used in the manufacturing process.  These patterns are expensive to build. 

Our goal is to take care of our customers, but we do recognize that we can't be everything to everyone.  We get calls on a daily basis requesting molds and unfortunately we just can do it.

One bit of inside info... out of over 700 molds that we have produced over the years, our blank mold is in the top 10 molds that we sell.  Everyone just wants something a little different.

The inside joke around here is as soon as we release a new product, the first question is " Are you going to make it in a different size?" :P

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 12/31/19 21:43 UTC »
Our lead molds are cast in our foundry.  To produce the finished mold, we build a pattern that is used in the manufacturing process.  These patterns are expensive to build. 

Our goal is to take care of our customers, but we do recognize that we can't be everything to everyone.  We get calls on a daily basis requesting molds and unfortunately we just can do it.

One bit of inside info... out of over 700 molds that we have produced over the years, our blank mold is in the top 10 molds that we sell.  Everyone just wants something a little different.

The inside joke around here is as soon as we release a new product, the first question is " Are you going to make it in a different size?" :P
  No problem & i understand. Thanks