Author Topic: Made it out for a bit  (Read 1321 times)

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
Made it out for a bit
« on: 10/23/20 09:05 UTC »
Monday morning I made it to a local city pond.  My original intentions were to test out some new (for me) finesse jig heads but that plan got sabotaged.  Temps were 41 degrees with a pretty stiff breeze and high humidity so it actually felt chillier than it really was.  Weatherman calling for rain later in the afternoon.  One of my rods was already rigged with a 1/16th oz head and a swing impact 2 inch paddletail.  My second cast was inhaled by an 11.5 inch crappie (this would be the smallest crappie of the day).  I wound up with 7 crappie most in the 13-15 inch range.  At 1030 the rains came so I unfortunately left (I took the fish with me, ha ha).  Weatherman got me again but the fish fry was worth the effort.  Peace out
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Made it out for a bit
« Reply #1 on: 10/23/20 09:19 UTC »
Its always great when a guy can ace out the weatherman for a couple hours, especially if he digs into some keeper crappies. Happy it all worked out for you.

Yesterday we had temps cooler than your 41 by a few degrees. Humid too. You're right though.....it feels colder than it is. Still couldn't wear gloves yet.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #2 on: 10/23/20 16:57 UTC »
olsarge sounds like you got some mighty nice size crappies and got a meal to boot.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 10/26/20 07:35 UTC »
Sounds like some fine Crappie.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 10/26/20 11:18 UTC »
Way to go olsarge.