Author Topic: Ready, willing......  (Read 1452 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Ready, willing......
« on: 11/19/20 10:42 UTC »
Crappies were still there this morning and seemed more than able to chow on the 1.5" thump-its. Nice fish for the most part again. The bite window has narrowed a hair but that may be due to the dark moon right now. Junebug/chartreuse tail is still the dominant color. Going to do it again tomorrow in spite of a front supposedly coming thru later today. As they say, gotta gettem while the gettin is good. Stay safe everyone!
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
Re: Ready, willing......
« Reply #1 on: 11/19/20 12:39 UTC »
Nice!!!  I'll be fishing tomorrow.  The winds are supposed to lay and the high temp will be around 66.  Definitely a day for fish and fishermen alike.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 11/19/20 16:17 UTC »
I had 54 while fishing. 68 for our afternoon walk. Goy a major front coming thru tonight they say so morning temps in the lower 30's here and coming your way sarge.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #3 on: 11/19/20 17:41 UTC »
Glad that you had a good day we had winds 16-30 SSW worked on new setup for my strike master 6” auger. 12” extension so you don’t have to stand on you head to poke threw. DeWalt brushless 996 1/2“ hammer drill 20 volt 5 amp hour batteries.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 11/20/20 07:34 UTC »
Good luck and show em off.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 11/20/20 12:46 UTC »
Man, were they ever willing today. Lots of 12" + fish. My buddy kept a few for his dinner tonight.

Yesterday they had a cold front predicted to roll thru overnight and a wind shift to the NW which is most certainly not a good wind for where we're fishing. 35 degrees when we got there and not much warmer upon our departure, but no ice in the guides. We managed to cast to the sweet sot as often as not so that was frustrating, but when we hit it, it was fish on. The fish we kept were all 12" or better however we threw back maybe thirty in the 11 1/2" to 10 1/2" range and actually caught nothing smaller. When I rounded the corner and got a face full of wind I almost said we'll go back home. Cold, wind, in the throes of a cold front....things looked bleak but how different the bite was.

Have a great weekend everyone. Stay healthy!
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 11/21/20 10:12 UTC »
15 degrees this morning so maybe yesterday wasn't so bad afterall. I'd have been picking lots of ice from the guides this morning.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they