Author Topic: this darned internet stuff.....  (Read 577 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
this darned internet stuff.....
« on: 05/08/21 16:29 UTC »
Carole is out on a flower buying binge with a daughter today so I'm home alone and snooping the internet for things I can generally live without. Well, except for some newer, super shift color shifting pigments. Damn, this super shift stuff is spendy. Of course I found THREE colors that made me twitch so I bought a gram of each. Now I have to wait to try them. First up will be some 2 3/4" Fat Forks, chartreuse tails on a black body....I'll brush the pigments on these dry and cover dip with clear. Then I have some new to me 2" Vibe bait blanks that I'll air brush and use the supershift in a clear top coat over a black back, the rest of the bodies will be done however I have a mind to but hope to use contrasting color schemes for each of the three new pigments.

The company has some really dynamic flake/pigment combo colors but I can't land any 1 gram orders for those and I am not spending $36.00 for 5 grams. Which is ok since I wouldn't be able to blow the flake thru my fine nozzles on the air brushes anyway.

A while ago I thought I'd reached my limit on the color shifting pigments but then  started to snoop out these "super" shift pigment at a number of sites. Ebay has a ton of these slightly more affordable from the Orient so if I decide these three are fun I guess I'll have to get others from abroad. As soon as these new puppies arrive I'll get some pics up. But for now I have to wait. And wait.

Offline Les Young

• Kicker
Re: this darned internet stuff.....
« Reply #1 on: 05/08/21 17:15 UTC »
yep the wait always sucks.  ;D

Offline anyfish

• Keeper
« Reply #2 on: 05/08/21 17:53 UTC »
A while ago I thought I'd reached my limit on the color shgifting pigments but then  started to snoop out these "super" shift pigment at a number of sites.

;D. This made me laugh.  I can't wait to see what you come up with.  I'm sure it will be outstanding.

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 05/09/21 07:43 UTC »
Can’t wait to see what ya come up with. I see Chris on The World’s Worst Fishing use this company. Have you ever tried them.
https://www.dipyourcar.com/collections/dip-pearls
« Last Edit: 05/09/21 07:49 UTC by basscatlildave »

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 05/09/21 08:15 UTC »
Can’t wait to see what ya come up with. I see Chris on The World’s Worst Fishing use this company. Have you ever tried them.
https://www.dipyourcar.com/collections/dip-pearls

I've had this site in my favorites for a while, no, I haven't used this company. I'd like to try some of the hyper shifts but they do not offer sample sizes and I won't pay $35.00 to try a color. There are a few there in the hypers that I'd like to try. Plus they do now offer whether the pigment is white particle or tinted and this makes a difference in application. I use far more white particle color shifts than the tinted.

I suppose I could contact the company and ask for more particulars on the smaller, sample sizes but as a rule if they don't show a sample option there is none to be had. I'd also like more info on white particle or tinted.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 05/09/21 09:52 UTC »
I just ordered one that is blood red to gold to black. Super fine particulates make for a super sheen on the finish. This one is made for the finger nail polish industry and was relatively cheap compared to some of those from the auto industry that have the same size of particles and are referred to as super or hyper color shifts. Optimistic, but still will hold final judgement until I have played with it.  I gotta unplug this computer.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 05/09/21 12:23 UTC »
Yeah Tom we all know it's the internets fault.  Y.er preaching to the choir brotha. Try that one on the little lady and let me know if it works or not.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #7 on: 05/09/21 13:40 UTC »
Can’t wait to see the new color shifts and flakes
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN